• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Latex printer to print tee transfers. Anyone?

Dennis422

I have bought used L25500 few months ago and this would be my first try to print some digital transfers on Siser ColorPrint PU gloss
Would anyone share which prifile they use for their transfer printing? Also, how many passes and any specific temp settings.

I had tried printing before on Siser and on material from Imprintables on my old Mutoh but never had a success (Printer related, streaking)
I would like to try it now with HP Latex.

Thanks in advance :signs101:

Dennis422

No one uses Siser and latex?

What else do you use with latex printer and which profiles should be used?

Thanks

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes we use heat transfer films on our old L25500 and now on our L26500.

Siser prints awesome and lasts, we also use a few other brands. What RIP do you use?

jrsc

we use stahls easyprint. we use the hp photorealistic poster paper as our media selection for profile and temp. comes out great.

I questioned Stahls about this. They said that that there materials weren't tested in a lab yet and verified to work with Latex. With that said they thought it would work. They sent me a bunch of different materials to test -- we have been so busy I haven't had a chance yet. I'm hoping to do some playing this weekend. I'll let you know how it works.

jrsc

I questioned Stahls about this. They said that that there materials weren't tested in a lab yet and verified to work with Latex. With that said they thought it would work. They sent me a bunch of different materials to test -- we have been so busy I haven't had a chance yet. I'm hoping to do some playing this weekend. I'll let you know how it works.

I made a mistake in my last post. It is express print I use. Not easyprint. I don't think they even have a product called easyprint.

I got the same answer as you when I questioned stahls about Latex so I went ahead and tried it. I have tested express print, opaque, and supertek opaque. all print great. express print is the easiest to work with and feels good on the shirt. Opaque is the thinnest so it feels really nice on shirts but it is very expensive compared to the express print. The supertek opaque printed well but felt thick on the shirt. overall I think express print offers the best overall product. I think the prints look better then solvent.

Dennis422

Follow up:
Tried printing on Siser ColorPrint PU gloss last night using hp photorealistic poster paper settings.
Came out pretty nice. One logo came out very rich and with nice colors while another logo has a bit more magenta than needed.
I will need to check out a few more logos to see if the logo had too much magenta or I would need to limit magenta and make a custom profile.

Thanks everyone.

jmag215

i also have the l25500 printer and had no idea you could do this kind of thing, how does it hold up compared to screen printing?

Dennis422

i also have the l25500 printer and had no idea you could do this kind of thing, how does it hold up compared to screen printing?

It has a "plasticky" feel to it as any digital transfer.
But, it will do the trick on a small orders that require many colors to be screen printed.

GB2

Old Member
I print Imprintables Warehouse Quickprint all the time using a standard vinyl profile with Flexi Photoprint on an HP L25500. It comes out perfect and is very durable.

printndisplay

I am planning to buy latex machine in which i need to do heat transfer on tees, read mixed reactions about latex ink and their heat transfer problems,

Is it good to print on heat transfer material to transfer on tees.

Is it durable?

Is it required to contour cut the graphic or we can cut with knife as rectangle or square shape to transfer on heat press?

printndisplay

Follow up:
Tried printing on Siser ColorPrint PU gloss last night using hp photorealistic poster paper settings.
Came out pretty nice. One logo came out very rich and with nice colors while another logo has a bit more magenta than needed.
I will need to check out a few more logos to see if the logo had too much magenta or I would need to limit magenta and make a custom profile.

Thanks everyone.

I am planning to buy latex machine in which i need to do heat transfer on tees, read mixed reactions about latex ink and their heat transfer problems,

Is it good to print on heat transfer material to transfer on tees.

Is it durable?

Is it required to contour cut the graphic or we can cut with knife as rectangle or square shape to transfer on heat press?