• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Rapid Tac

Xtreme_Sign_Guy

Could anyone here let me know if you have tried to cut Rapid Tac with water to thin it out? To make it go farther. Does it work? If so, what is the mixture used?

I have used a soap and water solution for large signs before, but I found in the winter months of Canada, it's not a good application fluid if the shop is 10 degrees Celsius.

AUTO-FX

with the soap and water solution, try adding alcohol (in the cooler months.) i like 10-20 percent.

BadAss

Welcome,,, And yes. We delute ours by 50% But most of the time we make our own..
3 Quarts water
1 Quart Denatured Alcohol
2 Caps full of Johnson No More Tears Baby Shampoo (that way when the wind blows it back in your face, it doesn't burn)

Pat Whatley

Welcome...I'm sure you don't know better so for your next post could you mention Frank Fellers, Sergio, and Corn Dogs in the the title? :ROFLMAO:

I've watered it down a little when I was out and knew I needed to stretch it but typically I just use it straight on the jobs I need to use it on.
Yes, I'm one of those people who uses real Rapid Tac instead of homemade stuff most of the time but I don't use a lot. A gallon will typically last me a year.

BadAss

Welcome...I'm sure you don't know better so for your next post could you mention Frank Fellers, Sergio, and Corn Dogs in the the title? :ROFLMAO:

Now, That's Funny!!!

tintguy31794

I tint windows for a living as well.. I use a window film solution that is "film on" it works really good.. Easier to pull up and re apply if needed and dries out not much longer than alcohol, but waaay quicker than baby shampoo. $10 for a quart bottle .. I have only used about 5 quarts this year (mainly for the window tint)

Jillbeans

I used to use home brew but I prefer RT now.
If you are using app fluid in Xtreme cold temps try Rapid Tac 2.
It doesn't smell as nice though.
I also use that when I have to do a wet app on glass.
Once a buddy was helping me letter a fire truck in a cold garage, he brought something called Splash (I think) with him and was going on and on about how great it was.
Then he tried the RT2.
The next time I saw him he was trying to tell me about how great the RT2 was.
I'm like "I'm the one who told you about it, ya dingbat!"
The regular RT totally saved me on a job on a blistering hot blue aloonimum canopy job recently. No way could I have done a dry app on that thing.
And I never dilute that stuff, that would be like adding tap water to a bottle of Asti.
Love....Jill
PS
I think this topic was started by the red-headed offspring of Frank and Sergio.
His real name is Fellatio.

John L

I used to use home brew but I prefer RT now.
If you are using app fluid in Xtreme cold temps try Rapid Tac 2.
It doesn't smell as nice though.

I'm no chef, and I'm not trying to talk you into starting a laboratory. But I have heard that just a small amount of vanilla extract mixed into a product that can be microwaved for a few seconds will release a large amount of that vanilla smell.

RiXaX

Rapid Tac is not only billed as a fluid to ease a bubble free application, Roger says it is an adhesive enhancer. If this is so, altering the formula might diminish promoting a stronger bond???

Xtreme_Sign_Guy

Thanks to all for your comments!

And no, I'm not Roger (whomever that is) I'm just a long time reader and first time poster to this forum. No relation to the Fellers group although I don't know if I should take that as a dig or a complement, because like Frank and his boys, Xtreme Sign & Grafix focuses mainly on wrapping vehicles and such.

The reason I asked, is that I have been a long time user of sunlight and water (I switch to Johnsons to stop me from tearing up LOL), but up in Canada, I pay $45/gal for RT and to soak a 4'x80' Lexan sign with a garden sprayer as apposed to using a trigger sprayer and cramping your hand up, wastes a lot of the RT.

I just thought there might be a way to cut it to save on the cost of the waste. I guess I won't use the RT on large signs.

To Badass,
Have you had any trouble with using a 50/50 mix? Does your vinyl float well?

SAS

Thanks to all for your comments!

And no, I'm not Roger (whomever that is) I'm just a long time reader and first time poster to this forum. No relation to the Fellers group although I don't know if I should take that as a dig or a complement, because like Frank and his boys, Xtreme Sign & Grafix focuses mainly on wrapping vehicles and such.

The reason I asked, is that I have been a long time user of sunlight and water (I switch to Johnsons to stop me from tearing up LOL), but up in Canada, I pay $45/gal for RT and to soak a 4'x80' Lexan sign with a garden sprayer as apposed to using a trigger sprayer and cramping your hand up, wastes a lot of the RT.

I just thought there might be a way to cut it to save on the cost of the waste. I guess I won't use the RT on large signs.

To Badass,
Have you had any trouble with using a 50/50 mix? Does your vinyl float well?

Ok, Welcome
I knew you where not Roger when I posted that post he would never think of letting people know you could cut down his stuff. Because he has it down to a science.
:thumb:

s_thompson

Could anyone here let me know if you have tried to cut Rapid Tac with water to thin it out? To make it go farther. Does it work? If so, what is the mixture used?

I have used a soap and water solution for large signs before, but I found in the winter months of Canada, it's not a good application fluid if the shop is 10 degrees Celsius.

I get it to go a long way, I buy a gallon and with all the vinyl I do, I barely go through it in 4 months
I wouldn't cut it, you cut it's intended use with any foreign agents I think