• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using the drag knife with a Summa S2t75 and Signlab?

Bcrawf

I've been trying to get my S2t75 Summa to cut using the drag knife but when I send the file to the cutter it asks for the Tangential knife (I've set the settings on the cutter to drag knife, but I think Signlab is overriding them) I cannot find a setting in Signlab's plotter settings for a drag knife. Anyone have any luck with this??
TIA

klingsdesigns

I've been trying to get my S2t75 Summa to cut using the drag knife but when I send the file to the cutter it asks for the Tangential knife (I've set the settings on the cutter to drag knife, but I think Signlab is overriding them) I cannot find a setting in Signlab's plotter settings for a drag knife. Anyone have any luck with this??
TIA
What signlab are you using?

Bcrawf

What signlab are you using?
I'm using Signlab 9.1 and Signlab 10. I change the settings on the cutter but it still wants to cut in "tangential" mode. I believe that the software controls how the plotter cuts. When I run the test pattern on the Summa it works as a drag knife but anything coming from Signlab cuts as tangential? I've looked thru my Signlab help files for an answer, but nothing!

Saturn

Aging Member
I own the same cutter so I'd love to know what situations you've found the drag knife to be a better choice than the tangential?