• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using the Gerber Edge 2, Envision 375 & Windows 7 question

Gary Wiant

Ok so it's been a while and I'm going off of memory so I may need to recheck my statements if something sounds wacky.
I haven't really been using the Envision for a couple years now because we are having issues with the cable / communication we are running our cutters & edge 2 from a "perdition computer" running Windows XP because we had issues with Windows 7 running the edge 2 due to EPS ports so we stayed at XP then with the newer computers it's been a hassle getting serial ports to function so we got a USB to serial port but everytime we shut the system down windows XP would require us to Re do the USB to serial port and it became a hassle and I'm finally sick of having equipment setting around and not using it and having to deal with XPATH at the same time
Any help is appreciated. I just want to be able to run everything on a decent computer running Windows 7 or 10.

Thanks
Gary

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you running Omega or something else? If Omega, what version?

Is the USB to serial adapter the one supplied by Gerber or something you got elsewhere?

Gary Wiant

Hey Fred how's it going?

I'm running the latest Signlab and the USB to serial is one I got from the local computer guy.

Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hey Fred how's it going?

I'm running the latest Signlab and the USB to serial is one I got from the local computer guy.

Thanks

I would think any adapter would work with SignLab but if you want to get one that they claim will work consider ordering this:

http://www.theplotterdoctor.com/com...lypage_images.tpl&product_id=15&category_id=9

Or you could have your computer guy install a serial comm card in your later model computers.

I would also check to see that the USB settings on the XP computer are set to never allow the port to go to sleep or save power.