Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using vinyl on single color print.

Discussion in 'Screen Printing' started by SpazSigns, Nov 1, 2012.

1. SpazSigns

SpazSigns Member

May 12, 2007
    Reversed cut vinyl on back the screen.

Left ink on for 1 day, go to clean screen and the ink is nearly impossible to remove. Any tips or suggestions.

It came of fairly good where the ink bled through, but where the vinyl was , totally different story! Seems to me might be ink type?

Tags:
  2. mopar691

mopar691 Member

Sep 15, 2010
    yep, got to take it off asap. most press wash cleaners will clean it off with a little scrubbing with a nylon brush. It all depends on what product line you are using.

3. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    What kind of ink?
    Vinyl ink is not the same as corro ink is not the same as plastisol.
    At any rate, immediate cleanup should always be number 1 priority, or at least returning the screen to a useable state!

4. FireSprint

FireSprint Very Active Member

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying but maybe there was a reaction between the vinyl adhesive and the ink?

Clean it off right away +1000

5. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Solvent and pressure wash. As already stated, in future remove and reclaim immediately after printing to avoid what you are experiencing now.

6. SpazSigns

SpazSigns Member

May 12, 2007
    plastisol ink us what was used. Thanks for the help. I'm going to give it another whirl and clean it right away and see what happens!

Thanks again guys!