• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

uv printers

Trey74

Im thinking about getting a hybrid UV printer...any body use EFI printers? or any recommendations on a good starter printer?

VP Sales & Marketing

I would check out theCET Flatbeds, we have the 6' x 10' and just installed the new 10' UV hybrid. They are unbelieveable as far as ease to run, extremely fast output at high quality.

Can't say enough about CET!

Trey74

has anyone tried the hp fb500? I talked to a sales rep yesterday and of course he made this out to be the best printer on the market....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They're all the best, if you need what they can do.

Not every machine can meet your specific needs. You need to do research on what your market is and find the right machine to fill the majority of those requirements.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Trey74, what are your customers requesting that you are unable to produce in-house? Is your sub-contracting revenue sufficient to justify bringing the production in-house? What do you not like about sub-contracting?

Trey74

Trey74, what are your customers requesting that you are unable to produce in-house? Is your sub-contracting revenue sufficient to justify bringing the production in-house? What do you not like about sub-contracting?

I have an aqueous printer at the moment and would like to start printing outdoor signage in house. I have not been happy with the printing I get from other shops...the last order every print was very low quality with banding...also on repeat orders the colors havent even been close...

CS-SignSupply-TT

Perhaps a MERCHANT MEMBER could help?

I have an aqueous printer at the moment and would like to start printing outdoor signage in house. I have not been happy with the printing I get from other shops...the last order every print was very low quality with banding...also on repeat orders the colors havent even been close...

Trey, there are a variety of Merchant Members on signs101 who would be happy to help you get the job done RIGHT the first time. Checkout the Merchant Directory just below the signs101 logo at the top of the page.

Trey74

Trey, there are a variety of Merchant Members on signs101 who would be happy to help you get the job done RIGHT the first time. Checkout the Merchant Directory just below the signs101 logo at the top of the page.

I realize I can contact sale reps...as I stated earlier the reps are telling me that their machine is the best so I was asking for user experiences with printers....which is why I didnt reply your PM..

Hzone15

There are a number of good solid Flatbed printers in the market. Really your deciding between a true flatbed or a Hybrid (belt driven). In order to make a good product recommondation more details are needed. Types of materials, volume, quality expectations, registration demands etc.

You mentioned EFI & Starter printers? EFI Vutek makes a quality product and meant for production. EFI/Rastek my opinion is to stay clear of them.

BTW a good sales rep isn't going to just claim his is the best, they are going to tell you why they beleive theirs is better and that my friend is going to be based on your needs.

Which you haven't offered any details?

Read through the board. Lots of positive comments on HP, CET, Oce and more.

I have the Scitex FB950 and love it. The FB 500 & 700 are newer with white ink as an option.

CET speaks for itself.

Again read some posts.

J Hill Designs

I realize I can contact sale reps...as I stated earlier the reps are telling me that their machine is the best so I was asking for user experiences with printers....which is why I didnt reply your PM..

He's talking merchant members to outsource your printing to...

CS-SignSupply-TT

Merchant Member Directory

Trey, I referred you to the Merchant Members for reliable SUB work while you are going through the process of selecting the right FLATBED for your application.

Trey74

for sure printing on acrylic and dibond but also want to be able to print banners and vinyl. and want to have white ink option.

petepaz

i would say #1 how much is in the budget to spend #2 see what printers cost that amount #3 send samples of material to the manufacturers to run samples of what your looking to do #4 when you find the machine that works best go see a demo
just some guide lines to start you off

we have the roland lej640 and it is great for what we need to do. prints roll and rigid material. the only real issue so far with it is speed, slow print. roll material is ok but rigid
4x8 sheet takes about 40-45min for full sheet.

Trey74

i would say #1 how much is in the budget to spend #2 see what printers cost that amount #3 send samples of material to the manufacturers to run samples of what your looking to do #4 when you find the machine that works best go see a demo
just some guide lines to start you off

we have the roland lej640 and it is great for what we need to do. prints roll and rigid material. the only real issue so far with it is speed, slow print. roll material is ok but rigid
4x8 sheet takes about 40-45min for full sheet.

1)my budget is $150,000
2)Ive been shopping around for printers up to that amount
3)Some of the samples have come back already, but the problem with that is I cant see the actual speed of the printer all I get is a piece of printed material which helps to see the quality of the print...
4)traveling to see demos eats into the funds I have set aside for purchasing a printer.

and thank you for yoru reveiw of the roland lej640.. thats what i was looking for...a real world review not just a salesman telling what he thinks i want to hear.

petepaz

some places with pay for you to go see a demo or they have customers that aren't that far and they have made arrangements to use there printer for demos.