Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uv printers

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Trey74, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Trey74

Trey74 New Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Gulf Breeze Fl
    Im thinking about getting a hybrid UV printer...any body use EFI printers? or any recommendations on a good starter printer?

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA........................

3. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Welcome!

:Welcome: Hey! from HOTlanta

4. Kevin Grouwinkel

Kevin Grouwinkel New Member

Oct 30, 2012
    VP Sales & Marketing

I would check out theCET Flatbeds, we have the 6' x 10' and just installed the new 10' UV hybrid. They are unbelieveable as far as ease to run, extremely fast output at high quality.

Can't say enough about CET!

5. Trey74

Trey74 New Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Gulf Breeze Fl
    has anyone tried the hp fb500? I talked to a sales rep yesterday and of course he made this out to be the best printer on the market....

6. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    They're all the best, if you need what they can do.

Not every machine can meet your specific needs. You need to do research on what your market is and find the right machine to fill the majority of those requirements.

7. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    Trey74, what are your customers requesting that you are unable to produce in-house? Is your sub-contracting revenue sufficient to justify bringing the production in-house? What do you not like about sub-contracting?

8. Trey74

Trey74 New Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Gulf Breeze Fl

I have an aqueous printer at the moment and would like to start printing outdoor signage in house. I have not been happy with the printing I get from other shops...the last order every print was very low quality with banding...also on repeat orders the colors havent even been close...

9. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    Perhaps a MERCHANT MEMBER could help?

Trey, there are a variety of Merchant Members on signs101 who would be happy to help you get the job done RIGHT the first time. Checkout the Merchant Directory just below the signs101 logo at the top of the page.

10. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Another vote for CET.

11. Trey74

Trey74 New Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Gulf Breeze Fl

I realize I can contact sale reps...as I stated earlier the reps are telling me that their machine is the best so I was asking for user experiences with printers....which is why I didnt reply your PM..

12. Hzone15

Hzone15 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    There are a number of good solid Flatbed printers in the market. Really your deciding between a true flatbed or a Hybrid (belt driven). In order to make a good product recommondation more details are needed. Types of materials, volume, quality expectations, registration demands etc.

You mentioned EFI & Starter printers? EFI Vutek makes a quality product and meant for production. EFI/Rastek my opinion is to stay clear of them.

BTW a good sales rep isn't going to just claim his is the best, they are going to tell you why they beleive theirs is better and that my friend is going to be based on your needs.

Which you haven't offered any details?

Read through the board. Lots of positive comments on HP, CET, Oce and more.

I have the Scitex FB950 and love it. The FB 500 & 700 are newer with white ink as an option.

CET speaks for itself.

Again read some posts.

13. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    He's talking merchant members to outsource your printing to...

14. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    Merchant Member Directory

Trey, I referred you to the Merchant Members for reliable SUB work while you are going through the process of selecting the right FLATBED for your application.

15. Trey74

Trey74 New Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Gulf Breeze Fl
    for sure printing on acrylic and dibond but also want to be able to print banners and vinyl. and want to have white ink option.

16. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    i would say #1 how much is in the budget to spend #2 see what printers cost that amount #3 send samples of material to the manufacturers to run samples of what your looking to do #4 when you find the machine that works best go see a demo
    just some guide lines to start you off

we have the roland lej640 and it is great for what we need to do. prints roll and rigid material. the only real issue so far with it is speed, slow print. roll material is ok but rigid
    4x8 sheet takes about 40-45min for full sheet.

17. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    @petepaz Your insights are "spot on"! Thanks for chiming in

18. petepaz

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    usually like once a month i come up with a good idea (wish i saved it for something really good...haha)

19. Trey74

Trey74 New Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Gulf Breeze Fl

1)my budget is $150,000
    2)Ive been shopping around for printers up to that amount
    3)Some of the samples have come back already, but the problem with that is I cant see the actual speed of the printer all I get is a piece of printed material which helps to see the quality of the print...
    4)traveling to see demos eats into the funds I have set aside for purchasing a printer.

and thank you for yoru reveiw of the roland lej640.. thats what i was looking for...a real world review not just a salesman telling what he thinks i want to hear.

20. petepaz

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    some places with pay for you to go see a demo or they have customers that aren't that far and they have made arrangements to use there printer for demos.