• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV Printing and Painting issues

omt65

We have a Oce Arizona GT 360 printer and we are reverse printing on standard acrylic and back painting with Matthews paint. We are having problems with the ink cracking. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

omt65

printing and painting

We print on just the unmasked acrylic.
Dry time has been anywhere from 2 hours to several days
After printing, we apply the Matthews tie-bond to help with paint adhesion
Let the tie bond tack the recommend time and then top coat with matthews paint. We have tried these tactics without any further luck:
We have tried cutting the reducer (warm) in the tie-bond (50%)
We let the tie-bond dry for an hour + before adding the top coat
We have top coated without and reducer in the paint
We have pulled the gun back off of the material more than normal (14-16”)

omt65

These aren't for back lit application. We have been using Matthews paint for years on acrylic with screen printing, vinyl and even another uv printer with out too much trouble.

StarSign

We sand the surface with 600, use waterbased paint, wait 24 hrs before painting. The tie bond may be reacting. We have fought this for years, we can print 100 signs and they look great then the next 3 the ink pinches.

StarSign

I an guessing that you use the KI ink, and you are seeing the problem in the dark colors more then the lighter colors. The ink isn't biting onto the material, (that is why we sand first)