• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question UV Printing on MDO

signheremd

Printing on MDO panels painted white with 1-Shot. On pastel areas handprints show up - seems to be oils left behind when my substrate guy handled them. Cleaning these with alcohol before printing dulls the finish and would be difficult to to leave streak free. Anyone have any tips on a better way to clean them?

Currently we wipe with a dry cloth to remove dust - not an issue when printing dark colors (better ink coverage), only on light pastel colors. UV inks, CMYK, current printer is a FluidColor, previous was a CET same issue on both.

We resolved this by printing a white base coat while reprinting.

Attachments

• FingerprintIssue.jpg
    FingerprintIssue.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 197

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wear gloves. Clean gloves.

Printed on MDO boards both pre-painted and in-house. We still wipe 'em down with alcohol. Never really noticed any dulling, unless perhaps you didn't wait for the paint to completely cure.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Don't know if it would help in this case, but I have good luck cleaning substrates with Rapid Tac.
My other suggestion is to hammer into the people who handle the boards they're not to touch 'em without wearing gloves- either butyl or cloth.

Roger Allen

Wear cotton archival gloves when handling the boards is the easiest solution. We also wipe each board down with either 90% ISO (don’t do this on this media because it painted) or a product called Staticide ( use this on Pre painted boards) to clean off any oils and reduce static.