• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

uv screenprinting

I have an extra screenprint unit that I used to do shirts until I got my larger unit. I am thinking about doing some screenprinting on coro. Does anyone have any advice? I am wanting to know if anyone can tell me were I can get a UV flasher for this type of set-up.

Thanks
HWG

Bill Modzel

There is no UV flasher. UV inks are cured, not dried, by a UV reactor. Expect to pay many thousands of dollars for one, even used. You will need all new screens also. You are probably printing with mesh counts around 150 or so. UV inks run counts in the 400's.

If you want to get into flatstock printing, stick to air dry solvent inks for now. You can slot a couple of 2x4's to hold your coro signs up while drying.

My advice Don't do it!!!
I bought a flatbed screen printer, UV dryer , built a exposure unit and bought all the ink..
Its all been sold now...
I found that I45 signs in Houston can print and ship them to me before i can get the screen burned it..

ChicagoGraphics

You cal also use Naz-Dar 59000 series ink and thin with xylol, works much better then the 7900 series, plus it doesn't smell as bad.

Jon Aston

Man, most of that ink and solvent is slow death by toxic poisoning. If I was you, I would take Accelerated's advice.

Bill Modzel

I use the 9700 series for all of my decal work but it does need catalyst for good adhesion. The 5900 enamel drys too slowly for double sided work.
I've found the 9800 series for polybanners has excellent adhesion and printing characteristics out of the can. Durability is excellent also.