• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vaccum not on during calibration on 360 and 560?

Tldr

We just had a new 560 installed last week and just updated our 360 to the newest firmware. Everytime I try to calibrate on either machine, the vacuum wont turn on. It turns on for normal printing but not for calibration. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? Ive had no problems in the past but I'm trying to calibrate a rather thick meda (FabriTac) and keep getting scuffs.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We just had a new 560 installed last week and just updated our 360 to the newest firmware. Everytime I try to calibrate on either machine, the vacuum wont turn on. It turns on for normal printing but not for calibration. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? Ive had no problems in the past but I'm trying to calibrate a rather thick meda (FabriTac) and keep getting scuffs.

Are you using the takeup reel? That will help.

dypinc

Are you saying something has changed on the latest firmware that even the default vacuum of each media type does not turn on?

I know that the calibration and test prints don't honor your preset vacuum setting but did always use the default vacuum setting for that media type.

Tldr

Are you saying something has changed on the latest firmware that even the default vacuum of each media type does not turn on?

I know that the calibration and test prints don't honor your preset vacuum setting but did always use the default vacuum setting for that media type.

There is no vacuum at all during a calibration print.

dypinc

I will have to check that out. Can't remember if I did a calibration print since I installed the latest firmware.

dypinc

Just tested this and I defiantly have vacuum on a calibration print. Almost sounds to me like it might be honoring the preset setting now instead of the default. I would have to test on presets that have high vacuum settings to know for sure.

Firmware: NEXUS_01_12_00.11

Tldr

Just tested this and I defiantly have vacuum on a calibration print. Almost sounds to me like it might be honoring the preset setting now instead of the default. I would have to test on presets that have high vacuum settings to know for sure.

Firmware: NEXUS_01_12_00.11
Yeah if I tug on the media to get it to lay flat enough during the calibration print, I see the vacuum turning on and off with each pass of the scan. I just seems like common sense to have the vacuum on whenever the carriage is being moved across the media. Its just asking for scuffs and headstrikes.

dypinc

I was doing a calibration on a media preset with high vacuum and yes the new firmware is now using the preset vacuum settings when it does a calibration. And yes it does vary between passes at least when it is reading the targets.