• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Value Cut 1300 not reading registration marks

Kitty Bexson

I searched and I haven't found anything else.

I've had my machines for all of a week. When the arrived the setup people did a rip and print on the same material, and it worked. I have a contour cut I'm trying to send to the VC but it will not read the registration marks. I've tried putting matte tape on them, drawing on them with a sharpie, turning off the lights (idk i was trying everything thinking maybe the light on the material was too reflective?) But no luck. I've googled, I've read the manual (which seems pretty useless...) Anyone know of a setting to check or some other hack?

henryp

I searched and I haven't found anything else.

I've had my machines for all of a week. When the arrived the setup people did a rip and print on the same material, and it worked. I have a contour cut I'm trying to send to the VC but it will not read the registration marks. I've tried putting matte tape on them, drawing on them with a sharpie, turning off the lights (idk i was trying everything thinking maybe the light on the material was too reflective?) But no luck. I've googled, I've read the manual (which seems pretty useless...) Anyone know of a setting to check or some other hack?

What happens when the cutter tries to read the registration marks? Does the cutter come up with an error message after it failed to read the registration marks?

signsofparadise

Mutoh VC 1300

After (2) years of this myself (Dealer was unaware of how to resolve this) - I finally called Mutoh Direct this past fall - I was informed that there is a hidden section and if our machine wasn't to new it should work. Basically the setting reduces the intensity of the Registration Laser Optics.

Here goes; take the cutter "Offline" by pushing the On/Offline button; push the "MISC" button; scroll over using the right arrow to the "AAS Offset (do not hit enter); now hit the "OFFSET" button (this brings up a hidden menu - (there are two choices "W" and "B") scroll over to the "B" (ours was set to "4"), change to "3"; now hit Enter (goes back to AAS menu); now hit On/Offline to go back onlne - all done.

If lowering this 1 increment, doesn't work try going to down another step.

The issue happens usually on Laminated prints and Reflective material, due to the glare the optics are receiving back - this usually doesn't happen on unlaminated prints.

This has us helped immensely, only problem is; the tech said it isn't available on newer machines. Ours (Mutoh VC 1300) was purchased around 2015.