• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueCut: Lower Edge margin

brycesteiner

I'm not being very successful with my Valuecut 1324. I have 20.5" width of letters on a 24" vinyl roll and it puts the cut quite a ways from the edge. I'm trying to cut black vinyl - no printing- and the closest it will cut is 2.5" from the right and 1.5" from the left.
Is there a way to narrow the margin to the edge? I'm using Flexi and I've tried about everything I can think of and just wasting vinyl.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The machine measures the media by measuring where the pinch rollers are. Make sure your rollers are at the edge of the material before lowering the lever. What does the cutter measure the media width as? Is it measuring close to 24" or is a off by a couple inches?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Another thing to check is that the rollers are actually enabled. There is a switch on the back of each pinch roller. Squeeze them together to make sure it is enabled.

brycesteiner

Media unrolls

I'm not sure about the media size. I do know that i have the pinch rollers to the outside. I'll check on what it measures.

Yes, I do check them. Just the ones over the media are enabled.

I have another issue though that I get frustrated with and that is the cutter wants to unroll the entire media when after it measures the width. I'm not sure what it's thinking for the width because I have to keep stopping it because it wants to unroll my entire roll.
Thanks,

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Yes, I do check them. Just the ones over the media are enabled.

I have another issue though that I get frustrated with and that is the cutter wants to unroll the entire media when after it measures the width. I'm not sure what it's thinking for the width because I have to keep stopping it because it wants to unroll my entire roll.
Thanks,

When you load the media, what option do you select? I normally select Roll (should be the Up Arrow Key) and I have never had that issue.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The Mutoh ValueCuts are rebranded GCC Jaguars, so I'm confident after using one for 5 years that you two issues are easily solved.

1) in the offline options menu there is a mode called extended width and extended length, turn them on at it will cut to the outside of the pitch rollers. Then set your rollers on the edge of your material.

2) when loading a new Roll us the up bottom to choose roll and it will only measure the width.

brycesteiner

The Mutoh ValueCuts are rebranded GCC Jaguars, so I'm confident after using one for 5 years that you two issues are easily solved.

1) in the offline options menu there is a mode called extended width and extended length, turn them on at it will cut to the outside of the pitch rollers. Then set your rollers on the edge of your material.

2) when loading a new Roll us the up bottom to choose roll and it will only measure the width.

When you load the media, what option do you select? I normally select Roll (should be the Up Arrow Key) and I have never had that issue.

It's obvious I need a manual for this machine. I didn't get one when I bought it new from Fellers.
I went to try and download it and the page comes up with an error:
ftp://ftp.mutoh.com/Printer Information_Manuals/Kona/

Thank you both for the hints. If I hit the up or down keys it works fine. If it push the right button it wants to measure the entire roll.

I haven't found the extended mode in the settings yet, but maneuvering the menu is a little cumbersome, though I am trying. I figure the manual could help.
I have found a AAS offset but I don't think that is it and I don't think I want to change it.

Thanks,
Bryce

Does anyone know if the Mutoh SC-850D has the same extended cut options? I have the same problem with it not cutting the full width of the material.