• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1204 clogged nozzles

Valentino

I have a 1204 with some clogged nozzles, there are a total of 16 black nozzles out...not clumped together but scattered all over.

10 of them are actually out, and 6 are misfiring into other lines.

I have done a head soak for 25 minutes just added cleaner into the cap, two head soaks with a lint free cloth for 20 minutes a piece. Multiple cleanings, printing solid black bars at 100% K.

And nothing the clogs aren't budging.

Do I soak the head for longer? If so, the last time I did it without a cloth over night the yellow dampers sucked up the dark solvent water and took a full flush. Any tips on a head soak?

Matt-Tastic

if you haven't done it before, this sounds like a maintenance station gone.

they should be replaced every year or two, depending on use.

if the head can come back, a new maint station will do it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Black ink gets used the least out of CYMK. Less flow through the black nozzles allows ink to sit longer and start to clog up. The black channel is almost always the first to start to go bad on a 4 color printer.

wayne k
guam usa

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Black ink gets used the least out of CYMK. Less flow through the black nozzles allows ink to sit longer and start to clog up. The black channel is almost always the first to start to go bad on a 4 color printer.

wayne k
guam usa

Perhaps but I've heard from various authorities that black ink has relatively coarser particles than the other colors and thus the black heads are more prone to clogging. Sounds good, I don't know if it's true but I do know that the black heads always seem the first to go.

Valentino

I ordered a new captop because I noticed that the rubber is as hard as plastic... and while I wait for it to arrive I have had some success using WOW1 to remove the vertical banding I was getting.

I may need some instructions or pep talk on replacing the cap top when I receive it.