• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1604 (kcmy) S/c Read Error

heyskull

Mutoh ValueJet 1604 (KCMY) S/C Read Error
PLEASE HELP!
[/QUOTE

I have repaired this problem quiet a few times in fact I have just finished repairing this issue on Monday.
I have ordered these from Digiprint but others are available.
Your issue is the chip/card reader as picture attached.
The pins get bent as the cartridge is inserted which gives you your fault.
It's a fiddly job (except K) to replace but definitely a DIY job.
Would you like me to talk you through it?

SC

Attachments

• RJ-8000_Ink_ID_Board_Assy_-_MY-35048__83087_zoom.jpg
    RJ-8000_Ink_ID_Board_Assy_-_MY-35048__83087_zoom.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 461

JasonMeisnerSTS

Smart Card error. You need a new smart card and the issue will be fixed right away. If I can ever convert you to our American Made inks, I would love the opportunity. We are also Mutoh dealers and our cards are very robust.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
New cards should work but if they also don't work, you might have a bad heater junction board. It sounds weird but that board also handles the card decryption.

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
New cards should work but if they also don't work, you might have a bad heater junction board. It sounds weird but that board also handles the card decryption.
I'm having same issue and replaced the ID reader on magenta. I noticed that there is a reset button on the heater board. Will it hurt anything to try it?

I also read that you can use oem ink cartridges and it will usually reset it. Do I need mutoh brand or will enduroinks work? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.