• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1614E - Magenta strange behavior

FaneDuru

In order to have a good nozzle check to let us work we need to clean and clean more then 15 times (and even more...). Now I can not anymore to obtain a complete nozzle check. The cleaning itself (strong) works well. I looked at the draining hoses and a lot of paint goes out during the cleaning operation.
Initially (two years before) we discovered that the ink is not good enough and in order to properly use it we need some filters. We did that and we worked well until last month. last week I changed the filter on Magenta. Some air goes on the pipes and I filled the intermediary tank using the filling procedure from service menu. I was thinking that the air going inside the intermediary tank reach now the dumper, but it is a single dumper for two sides of magenta... How the left one is always complete and only the right side one is damaged? Could that be a problem of dumper itself?

Like a strange thing which maybe can have some relevance is the fact that the day before yesterday I cleaned and cleaned until the end of the program with very bad results. Yesterday without any new cleaning the nozzle check was good. Only a missing line but I start working and after the printing the nozzle check was perfect...

Thanks in advance!

After editing: I have just opened the head cover and I looked at the dumpers. The magenta one does not have air at all! Can be this the cause? If yes, the supposition of just disconnecting it from pipes and reconnecting will introduce enough air in order to make it showing like the neighbors...?

Attachments

• Nozzle Check Magenta.jpg
    Nozzle Check Magenta.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 88

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not an expert but the dampers should only be about 1/2 full. If it is completely full I do not think it will flow the ink properly.
Might be time for a new set of dampers to be installed.

wayne k
guam usa

FaneDuru

I tried some Economy Cleaning and I obtained a perfect nozzle check. Perfect in terms of no missing lines...

I thought that maybe the filters inside the head are clogged and do not allow the big debit of fluid to pass. Not being air at all in Magenta dumper maybe a little vacuum pulled back the ink inside the head when cleaning was stopped. I do not know if this imagined mechanism is correct but it (something) happened and it worked in my case and the printer works properly... At least now.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sounds good but I wonder if the dampers failing might be causing air in the lines or at the head - in turn causing the missing lines when you run the nozzle check. The constant cleaning would be pulling the ink back into the lines but would not be a permanent solution.

wayne k
guam usa