• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1624 Refuses To Unclog Red Nozzles

lbpalm

Anyone have a tip on unclogging stubbornly clogged (red) nozzles?
- Some times it clears out then comes back clogged a few days later.

-Any advice greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you using OEM cartridges or a 3rd party bulk system? How old is the machine and how long has it been since you replaced the dampers and maintenance station or cap top? Are you letting the machine sleep and auto clean?

In general, if you aren't using the machine everyday, you should be running at least a nozzle check. Also, if the auto cleanings aren't turned on, leaving the machine without running for a few days will always end in missing nozzles. Poor daily/weekly maintenance and failure to replace maintenance parts when they are recommended are usually the culprit in these mystery nozzle drop out issues. That and the age of the machine but these 1624 aren't old enough for that yet.

lbpalm

Hi:
- Mutoh Bulk system w/ genuine Mutoh ink.
- Auto cleans 2 x /day
- Machine is 3 years old.

I think I may need to pull the head & soak...
:(

Thx..

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Bulk systems tend to cause more issues than cartridges for sure. That could be the issue. I would call Mutoh and ask them to help troubleshoot.

No need to pull the head to soak. Just take the covers off to expose the bottom of the maintenance station so you can see the waste tubes. Crimp the waste tubes so that fluid cannot flow through. I use forceps but you can also just fold the tubes and tape them. Fill the cap with solution so that it bubbles over a little and then dock the head. Anything over 45 minutes is overkill. Make sure you un-crimp the tubes before running a cleaning cycle! Also, make sure the machine is completely off when doing this so the station doesn't try to clean.

If you are like a lot of Mutoh users, you haven't changed the dampers in the 3 years you have had the machine. If that is the case, I would change them. Also, I would change at least the cap top on the maintenance station if it hasn't been changed in that time as well. Those two things help greatly in keeping nozzles firing.

lbpalm

Maintenance station was replaced about a year ago & no problems with the install.
Many, many thanks for the tips on waste tubes, etc.
- Greatly appreciated!
Thank you Buddy!!
:) :) :)

lbpalm

funny thing...
I have been loading up the docking station with solution thinking that would help but never thought that the tubes below would need to be closed...
- In the process I have also discovered that the cleaning pad tube was disconnected!
What a mess.

***Thanks again for getting me onto the right path.***

--- I LOVE THIS FORUM!!! ---

- What is it you guys do at Solvent InkJet??