• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vancouver Car Wraps Steal Photos

Border

That sucks and is a good reason to watermark all your photos. I am getting ready to redo my websites this Winter and plan on watermarking everything.

the graphics co

not sure about Canadian laws, but, you can write a cease and desist letter and force them to remove them. If you took the photos, you own the rights. Therefore, they cannot use them without your permission.

CanuckSigns

Which photos, You have a pretty unique style, I don't see anything on there that reminds me of you.

Also in regards to watermarking, I think it's a waste, it distracts from the photo and I don't think it really stops anyone from stealing your photos.

Border

Also in regards to watermarking, I think it's a waste, it distracts from the photo and I don't think it really stops anyone from stealing your photos.

Watermarking is like locks on your doors. It helps keep the semi-honest people from taking your stuff but if they really want it they will take it. at least they don't get to use a clean photo. The watermark doesn't have to be that prominent, just enough to know it's there for sure. They can be placed strategically too so as not to distract too much from overall appearance.

I've never used anyone else's photos as my own and I'll do what I can to make sure anyone doesn't try to use any of mine that I've worked so hard to accumulate over the years.

To each their own though.

qmr55

Some people feel they can just go to google images, search what they need, and then use those images without anyones permission. I would first contact them and try and handle it that way just to avoid any legal stuff cause that's never fun. If that doesn't work, you can issue a cease and desist on the photos for them not to use them through courts.

Brands Imaging

They cropped the photo to exclude my watermark! - I called them and flipped out on them and they totally denied eveything, said that maybe I was mistaken...haha It was taken INSIDE my shop by ME....

ANYWAY, they took it down already!!!! PLEASE spread this thread around to make sure others don't have thier photos being stolen from Vancouver Car Wraps

Brands Imaging

It just pisses me off, If they were local I'd probably print a 5'x5' photo WITH MY WATERMARK and wrap thier front door with it!!!

I'm kind of a maniac like that. I know what its like to just be starting off and new. That's why instead of stealing peoples sh*t I just pounded the pavment and sold as much as i could!