• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VE - Q-160 Y AXIS MOTOR ISSUE, PARTS OR HAVE FULL MOTOR

grafXnj

HELLO, its the in need of parts guy again FOR THE Q160 CUTTER, had non stop y axis motor errors, when starting machine the initial left to right cutter head movement would go 3 inches then beep beep beep error y axis motor, ocasionally i get the x axis going wacko, and after narrowing down to what i think issue is (after days - few weeks), it seems the motor its self ( maybe if you understand internals) has carbon brushes that make contact with the motors internal spinning part ( motor's commutator) they have worn down over years but not sure if too much, but i noticed atleast 1 the wire from the brush had loosed over years and was barely soldered to connector on the red wire, for the Q-160 which seems to have the same motors as the graphtec fc7000,( brand name NIDEC), I am in search of a motor, ( same oem or replacement brand or even name of what other motor will work) i would take even the carbon brushes from the same motor, i ordered several size brushes ( 1 set perfect thickness, just needed to sand the length down a little, problem is getting the correct spring that fits in with the brushes wire, and connector to the positive red connector ( dont ask while attempting a re-solder of original, my original spring went flying, may have landed in Antarctica, so im basically looking for motor, or parts, or where i can get parts for the machine as we all know the company that sells them cant help, and once graphtec tech line figures out your lying and its actually a VE they basically hang up on you i attached a few pics OH AND LAST NIGHT I GAVE UP AS I CRACKED THE RED CLIP THAT HOLDS IT IN ( CIRCLED IN GREEN IN PITURE) THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS----YES I KNOW THROW IT OUT GET A REAL GRAPHTEC motor imageQ 160 .jpg
motor imageQ 160 .jpg

bannertime

I'll sell you our old parts Q75. Should be that same year model just smaller. It's issue is a main board problem, but everything else is still working. We think. We've only used it for a pinch roller.