• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VE-q54 and cutting stickers after contour cut.

altereddezignz

Not sure how to word this so everyone can understand. Lets say i just finished printing 100 stickers in 10 rows wide and 10 rows tall.
Now i am contour cutting them out. Without a large cutter how would you go about cutting all the stickers straight and the same size. I know i can use a large ruler but i seen something the other day with a plotter actually did like a perforation type cut it would leave small 1/4 i think or 1/8 inch areas uncut.
It did the same thing with round circles cutting out instead of having a contour cut around a circle them weed and leave on a square piece of backing paper.

I hope this makes since. We will be sing a vinyl express q54 and flexi sign pro cloud. We have not purchased yet but will once building is done.

Thanks

oksigns

Yeah... depending on your capabilities and RIP software, just set up the file to have it's own "island". The perf shape can be an arbitrary square or circle or even be an expanded shape of the sticker itself so all you do is pop them out. Just make sure there is enough "tabs" in the perf so they all stay put or your not going to have a good day.

J Hill Designs

if your cutter can use the feature, you can set up a PerfCutContour cutline that, after doing the CutContour, will perfcut through the backing

altereddezignz

Awesome. Ill fig more into it. will use flexi sign pro cloud for rip and cut and plotter is a vinyl express q54. The newest flexi i have ever used is 8.5 but i have never had a reason to contour cut anything before.

Thanks

altereddezignz

Well i set a dashed line .70,.10. To the contour cut. Move the holder to front position, set it to condition 8. Set it up to skip my black line and only cut contour cut line. Well it pushed blade down and just cuts solid lines without trying to jump or skip any area.

JBarraxSW

It sounds like you have a setting incorrect in the Flexi Production Manager cutter driver tab. The easiest way to do this is to send the job as different cut lines identified by color. Send the first for the contour cut, then select and send the second color as the perf cut.
If you change the conditions on the cutter, but don't update the settings in Flexi, the sofware will override the cutter's condition settings.

altereddezignz

Here's how I have everything set up. On the plotter I have conditions 8 set to the forward tool position which is number 3 my speed is set to 25 and my force is set to to 30.
In flexi I created a 2-inch square block then I gave that 2 inch square block A dashed contour cuts that was approximately two and a half inches. I then send that to the printer and it brings up production manager. When I go to the screen that shows the different colors to cut and drivers for each color to cut it states use the same driver for each color. I do have it set to pause between colors that way if and when it cuts my square it will Paula so I can change the condition and blade placement on the platter. Following the specifications and instructions in the link above it State nothing about having to change the driver details that are sent to the plotter.
I have upload screen shots of i need to.

altereddezignz

Awesome ill give this a shot. This is the first one i have seen about changing the driver setting to the condition. This may be why it never changes.. Thanks

Gave it a shot. Changed the condition to 8. Moved my blade to the front holder. Changed my plotter to condition 8. Nope still wads up vinyl under the plotter. solid line cuts no dashes.
Also the second image shows that flexi when sending to plotter is showing it as a solid line not a dashed line.
I have also put in a screen shot of my name with the dashed lines around it.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_09 Oct. 27 15.01.jpg
    ScreenHunter_09 Oct. 27 15.01.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 160
  • ScreenHunter_09 Oct. 27 15.06.jpg
    ScreenHunter_09 Oct. 27 15.06.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 137
  • ScreenHunter_10 Oct. 27 15.06.jpg
    ScreenHunter_10 Oct. 27 15.06.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 149

altereddezignz

OK so i selected one of the premade perf cuts from the drop down menu. It then shows up when i went to send it to the plotter but still will not cut it. Here is a screen shot.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_10 Oct. 27 15.17.jpg
    ScreenHunter_10 Oct. 27 15.17.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 191

altereddezignz

Here is the screenshot from production manager.

Is there something i need to change on the plotter? I wouldn't think so based on the link above other than moving the tool to the forward position, changing the condition to 8. Making sure it is set to have the 8 condition tool to 3.

If it matters i am only sending the perf cut path and not the design cut path. Just in case.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_10 Oct. 27 15.24.jpg
    ScreenHunter_10 Oct. 27 15.24.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 155

JBarraxSW

Conditions

Altered,
I usually don't set the Conditions in the software. Set those on the LCD control panel on the cutter. The only thing Production Manager needs to know is what color you're cutting. (If you use the cut by color feature to distinguish the kiss cut from the perf cut, which it appears you are doing).
Set the different conditions on the plotter and change from one to the other on the plotter's control panel.
And remember to move the blade from the front to the back of the tool carriage, and adjust your blade depth for the different settings.
You have to remember that you're not only changing the commands in the software, you're changing the physical cutting conditions on the plotter; blade depth, blade position in the tool carriage, and cutting force.

altereddezignz

Altered,
I usually don't set the Conditions in the software. Set those on the LCD control panel on the cutter. The only thing Production Manager needs to know is what color you're cutting. (If you use the cut by color feature to distinguish the kiss cut from the perf cut, which it appears you are doing).
Set the different conditions on the plotter and change from one to the other on the plotter's control panel.
And remember to move the blade from the front to the back of the tool carriage, and adjust your blade depth for the different settings.
You have to remember that you're not only changing the commands in the software, you're changing the physical cutting conditions on the plotter; blade depth, blade position in the tool carriage, and cutting force.

I started out by doing these exact steps. Move tool to front. Change to condition 8, Change pressure and speed. My issue is not now how to get it to perform the action but how to get it to cut a straight cut without leaving the horrible wavy marks i am getting now.

Can anyone tell me what number perf cut line they use the most. I have tried them all but it doesnt change the horrible cuts i am getting.

JBarraxSW

Perf settings

OH!
(Where's a slap your forehead emoji when you need one?)
You just need to adjust the perforation settings in FlexiSign to use smaller dashes. Try one inch dashes and 0.010" gaps.