• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vector over Image File - Vector won't show...!?!

thewoodage

Hello all -

I have imported a photo of a store front into 4.0.
I'm trying to over-lay a vector logo filled with color over top for a proof.

I can't get the vector to show no matter what I do.
I've brought to front.
I've sent photo to back.
I've grouped.
I've un-grouped.
I've locked.
I've un-locked.
I've spun-around in my chair.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:thankyou:

thewoodage

Yes, it does have color to it....I've tried with cuts on, cuts off, all of that good stuff....I'm stumped.

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out ( i think) I went to the Layer Manager and had to drag it to the top, now it's showing.

Never had to do this before...it always just went if I moved it to front....?

CS-SignSupply

Have you saved the file? If so, copy the image into a new file and then create the vector. Try to move on top. Save again.

idsignsil

In Omega 4.0 Gerber introduced layers like in Photoshop and Illustrator. In the View menu you can turn off and on the layer manager. If the vector was on a separate layer and the layer was under the photo layer, it would not show.

thewoodage

Ok, I tried the paste into a new file and it worked...will suck if that's what I have to do everytime but at least it works -

Thanks all!
:U Rock:

Marlene

I really hate layers! I spend most of my day having to click on "merge layers". it is the only thing about Omega that bugs me. is there a way to shut layers off? I have no idea why I would ever want to have layers that can't be seen as why would I put text on a photo if I didn't want to see it.

TammieH

Marlene, If you do a lot of illustrations, layers are the bomb! You organize all of your elements by layers and you can lock/unlock when needed, hide them, it makes things a lot easier when editing certain elements. You can bring in jpegs of buildings or what ever and lock them so that you can manipulate/scale your art. You can do this of course without layers but when you have 50 to a hundred objects in your art file, you have to scroll through to find the objects.

If you want to put certain objects in order, you can just drag a layer, in lieu of finding an object in the list and drag it multiple places. Or hit your shortcut keys a bunch of times to move an item up or down in the order. It really can save time when you get use to working with layers.

Organize by colors, fonts, bitmaps, other placed graphics. ITS FUN!!!!

Tony Teveris

I agree with jhilldesigns, I just imported an image, the digitized a shape, assigned a color stroke, show fill with no problems. There is NO need for layers to do this.

Dana Goodale

Go to Composer FILE>Import
Click on an image file
In the bottom right corner of the dialog box, turn off Keep layers, and click ON Flatten Layers to Current Layer.
Click Preferences.
All Set! Layers begone!