• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vector Template

Maverickb

Hi,

I'm having trouble understanding the process of using a vector template. Basically I bought a vector template for xbox one. I'd like to create my own design and place this on an xbox.

I'm using Flexi 12 and printing on a Mimaki jv33-160 and my cutter is a Graphtec FC7000.

I have the file as an .eps and .ai

This is what i have tried. I opened the vector template in Flexi12 and then imported my design. Now i'm wondering if it will cut the template lines after I print. When I start the rip and print it doesn't show the registration marks and so I'm not sure if it will cut properly.

So I'm not sure if this is the way to do this or should i create the whole design in illustrator and then import to flex. If i do this will i need to identify cut lines in adobe so flexi sees them?

Yes I'm totally confused.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The easiest way to get the template lines to be cut lines is to create a spot color called, ""CutContour" and then apply it to the line. You can do it in illustrator or Flexi and it will work. Then when you go to RIP and Print there will be a new tab you can click on for the cutting settings. In that tab you can select your registration marks.

AKwrapguy

Hi,

I'm having trouble understanding the process of using a vector template. Basically I bought a vector template for xbox one. I'd like to create my own design and place this on an xbox.

I'm using Flexi 12 and printing on a Mimaki jv33-160 and my cutter is a Graphtec FC7000.

I have the file as an .eps and .ai

This is what i have tried. I opened the vector template in Flexi12 and then imported my design. Now i'm wondering if it will cut the template lines after I print. When I start the rip and print it doesn't show the registration marks and so I'm not sure if it will cut properly.

So I'm not sure if this is the way to do this or should i create the whole design in illustrator and then import to flex. If i do this will i need to identify cut lines in adobe so flexi sees them?

Yes I'm totally confused.

So you can do this a few different ways, and with our seeing any of the artwork or template (so we're flying blind here) this is what I would suggest
Probably the easiest thing to do is going to open or import the design in Flexi and it should be on Layer 1 in the Design Editor.
Once this is done create a new layer in Design Editor (Layer 2) and Lock Layer 1 for now.
Import the template to Flexi (again make sure your on Layer 2).
Move the template over the artwork to where you want it.
Select the template and make sure there is no fill or stroke.
With the template selected, go to the Effects menu and select 'contour cut'. A new menu window will appear.
Depending on the template/artwork make sure to either select with our without holes (which ever you need) and make sure the offset is at 0 and you can select what ever color you want (it doesn't matter it won't print it )
Select the green check box. Done

Unlock Layer 1, select everything on both layer 1 and 2 print, laminate, cut and done