• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Graphics in the wild North Slope of Alaska

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
No more bugs!! I vacationed in the mountains of Oklahoma last week... brought back about 40 chigger bites after an hour of trying out how it felt like for the people on naked and afraid...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They just like your gluten-free blood. What an impression burned on my retina, now. That's gonna take a lotta Bushmill to get rid of.

fresh

there are plenty of better bug-fighting things out there like permetherin and picaridin. and DEET is usually pretty effective, too.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I used to spend my summers in a small town in Oklahoma out by Eufaula. I'd always get a tick or chiggers while I was there. Without fail.

Yup, I wasn't too far from there... I stayed in Big Cedar... beautiful place, did horse back-riding, canoeing down at Beavers Bend...didn't realize how many people from the Metroplex vacation up there. first time with Chiggers though...:(

MLVXs1w2Pe1dPTCvGcQgQ3JiAEYD-OCecEKC9jMfPhZw3ov1tQDgNKvmqgML02XqMmCtng8tU-tEZjiTlxUdAHqzG3amCmX940m_0Yu3aBemBqvHlpS-2gBNE8z7oCv6EmXbcfLfank=w890-h667-no

i89gS1cTj7nRgPRm5Db2MNwuRe397lAImxwvgaJnFEXafjvvUh1W6xb94TojwjxM1drEynkJrtsGrmK518_1x2At7jDxZ5xB1_GWJyPEaCMyuwogtt7nIMrvnAtoZ-tgjCwj8osbDSM=w712-h534-no

AKwrapguy

Yup, I wasn't too far from there... I stayed in Big Cedar... beautiful place, did horse back-riding, canoeing down at Beavers Bend...didn't realize how many people from the Metroplex vacation up there. first time with Chiggers though...:(

MLVXs1w2Pe1dPTCvGcQgQ3JiAEYD-OCecEKC9jMfPhZw3ov1tQDgNKvmqgML02XqMmCtng8tU-tEZjiTlxUdAHqzG3amCmX940m_0Yu3aBemBqvHlpS-2gBNE8z7oCv6EmXbcfLfank=w890-h667-no

i89gS1cTj7nRgPRm5Db2MNwuRe397lAImxwvgaJnFEXafjvvUh1W6xb94TojwjxM1drEynkJrtsGrmK518_1x2At7jDxZ5xB1_GWJyPEaCMyuwogtt7nIMrvnAtoZ-tgjCwj8osbDSM=w712-h534-no

The rolling hills are nice and all, I would just miss the mountains.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
When you grown up in Texas, you learn real quick not to play in the tall johnson grass. Use clear fingernail polish to suffocate the burrowing little SOBs. They don't just bite, they dig into your skin and stay there a while. Don't get me started on bull nettle, skeeters, spear grass, blister bugs, and all the other spawns of satan we got down here.

TXFB.INS

That's just a fancy word for fleas.

as someone who lives in the south, I can state unequivocally that a chigger is NOT a flea.
Chiggers latch onto the skin using their sharp claws, which act like jaws. These claws make holes, and the chigger then injects saliva. That saliva turns your cells into mush. Those mushy cells serve as a food source for the baby chigger.

whenever I have to go into tall grass, I always apply powered sulfur to my ankles to repel chiggers.

to the OP, that is absurd. does that classify as hazard pay?
applying graphics outdoors seems HIGHLY improbable. .

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
as someone who lives in the south, I can state unequivocally that a chigger is NOT a flea.
Chiggers latch onto the skin using their sharp claws, which act like jaws. These claws make holes, and the chigger then injects saliva. That saliva turns your cells into mush. Those mushy cells serve as a food source for the baby chigger.

whenever I have to go into tall grass, I always apply powered sulfur to my ankles to repel chiggers.

to the OP, that is absurd. does that classify as hazard pay?
applying graphics outdoors seems HIGHLY improbable. .

Oh it should!! I did some installs in Carthage, TX during a love bug swarm.. I nearly fell off the ladder a few times when those things got in my ear. Not to mention the time it took to wash my car after that.