• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle installation pricing

WB

Just wonder for you guys that do mainly installations do you price wrap installs by the sq/ft or by the hr?

Pippin Decals

Depending on what it is i just go by the job..i never do by hour etc .but i guess my fee would be equal to a hourly thing .

ExecuPrintGS

Every job is so different we do a by the job, But that is based off of an educated guess on the time it will take to do.
If i think the job will take me x hours, we do x hours times shop rate for install and i usually give customers a range for install. Between x and y hours for installation, cost will not exceed y hours (if it does we grossly misjudged the install time and that learning will cost us, not the customer). We typically come in at the lower of the time estimate and its nice for the customers to walk out for a little under what they may have expected to pay.

WB

I find it difficult to stick to 1. I've been trying lately for all my installs to price by the sq.ft if it's simple walls graphics or something like that. Vehicles are more difficult because I don't always have the total sq.ft if it's a partial or I might not know if it's a partial wrap with 12 pieces of text and logo's being applied on top.

Just curious I have a full wrap to quote and it's 500sq.ft. If I price by what it I think it'll take me (plus a few extra hrs) and then by sq.ft I get about the same price. I've been burned both ways before.

2B

Every job is so different we do a by the job, But that is based off of an educated guess on the time it will take to do.
If i think the job will take me x hours, we do x hours times shop rate for install and i usually give customers a range for install. Between x and y hours for installation, cost will not exceed y hours (if it does we grossly misjudged the install time and that learning will cost us, not the customer). We typically come in at the lower of the time estimate and its nice for the customers to walk out for a little under what they may have expected to pay.

This and we have a clause for dirty vehicles, stating that the listed price is for a fully cleaned vehicle and eny extra cleaning will be billed by X amount per hour.

t

ExecuPrintGS

This and we have a clause for dirty vehicles, stating that the listed price is for a fully cleaned vehicle and eny extra cleaning will be billed by X amount per hour.

t
We also ask that vehicles come clean. Now we are in WI and you can clean the vehicle and drive it here and its dirty, but we use our best judgement... Ive had vehicles show up covered in mud. We charge them to wash or re-schedule the vehicle.

WB

Same here. I also tell clients NOT to go through the car wash 15min before dropping the vehicle off unless they are dropping it off the night before the install.

CL Visual

I try to shy away form labor only projects but when I do take them, these are the terms. I don't warrantee it because I don't know if that material was printed with the right profile, gassed properly or printed 12 months ago. Vehicles must be street clean. I usually have them go to the car wash and drop the vehicle off to me the night before so it can dry and my night crew can get it prepped for install. I charge minimum $3.50 per foot and then add on for mirrors, door handles, difficult bumpers. If the customer doesn't like the terms, there are some hack shops around the block that will surely do it for them for less.

edspecR

x2. i guess it'd be more of less by sq. ft tho? it's all dependent on each other no? bigger car, curvier car, more edges, etc. etc. all add time.

(boo, is this really my 2nd post?)

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

WB

Lately I've looked at my pricing and I've increased it all. I'm at about 2.25-3$ for interior wall graphics depending on the amount and the situation and for the vehicles I've been starting at 3$ going to 4$.

I'm doing a 24' cube truck next week and I'm charging $1500. So that's 448 Sq.ft so that's 3.35$ a sq.ft. That's for 2 sides and the back doors on a Mediumly riveted body. With out the rivets it's about 6hrs for me I added the extra .35 to make up for the rivets.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
No, the $2.50 is for "standard" vehicles. The price is adjusted for more difficult vehicles. You have to know what you're getting in to...

An HHR is a standard vehicle. Promaster, Sprinters, Transits are all "standard" vehicles. I just find it hard to have a number for anything other than box trucks and trailers.
Sorry to revisit this.

Pica Grove

Customer wants me to install vinyl graphics he bought from a catalog, black skulls & tribal to be installed on a Ford Raptor, on the sides. Just install cost, what do you think?
Customer wants large metal tear graphics on his small van, not a full wrap, sides and back. I'm doing the design, print, lam, install - I said $1700

Thanks guys -

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Customer wants me to install vinyl graphics he bought from a catalog, black skulls & tribal to be installed on a Ford Raptor, on the sides. Just install cost, what do you think?
Customer wants large metal tear graphics on his small van, not a full wrap, sides and back. I'm doing the design, print, lam, install - I said $1700

Thanks guys -

I prefer not to install supplied graphics just because you never know what could go wrong during installation and you're screwed if it gets ruined. BUT, if I chose to do the install, I'd probably be around $125-195. I'm assuming they're not covering the whole side and the job should take 1-2 hours to complete start to finish. I'd also make the client sign a waiver that I'm not responsible for replacement decals if something goes wrong.

I did a hood graphic for a client last year on a Firebird. They bought the graphic online and brought it in. I believe I charged him around $95 for just the hood.