• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Templates

Im tryin go find a template for a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan. Anyone know of a place thats based in North America that sells individual Templates?

Doesnt appear that they do. If thats from Bad Wrap then it was not on there list. I found it on pro-vehicle-outlines.com but they are a subscription service and do not sell them individually and we only do about 2 wraps a year at this time, so it wouldn't be very economical for us.

mr-clipart for singles which is digital auto library as well i believe. I think they are a Canadian company.

Yeah i saw that one but my boss doesnt want to use them because of the EUR. hes nervous about buying overseas. Our company credit card has been stolen several times doing that.

speedmedia

Chris,
We have used Digital Auto Library several times and have never had any issues, they are reputable as it gets with vehicle templates. If you really must take a dead on photo of each side of the vehicle and scaled it out in your program and do it that way, we do this all the time for harder to find templates.

Thanks,
Kurt

the graphics co

Chris,
We have used Digital Auto Library several times and have never had any issues, they are reputable as it gets with vehicle templates. If you really must take a dead on photo of each side of the vehicle and scaled it out in your program and do it that way, we do this all the time for harder to find templates.

Thanks,
Kurt
+ 1 for this, make sure you zoom out from the vehicle so you dont get any lens barreling and then just mask it out and use it as a template, works great. We do this for a lot of our stuff, especially nice for pickups with custom cappers.

ucmj22

+ 1 for this, make sure you zoom out from the vehicle so you dont get any lens barreling and then just mask it out and use it as a template, works great. We do this for a lot of our stuff, especially nice for pickups with custom cappers.

If you go this route, it can be helpful to also print out a yard stick, and stick it on the sides before you take the picture, then you can scale it more easily, and get most of your important measurements from your desk

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have the Pro Vehicle Outlines collection from http://www.digitaldesignware.com & I love it. Some people will knock it, but I've not had a problem out of it yet. And, if the template is not on the DVD you receive, get on their website & download it or call them & they'll email it over to you in minutes. GREAT customer service.

Having the "complete collection" of most makes & models makes it easy to quickly estimate a quote without the customer having to bring their vehicle by. For simple cut graphics it helps a TON in not having to take measurements from the actual vehicle, but for wraps, always measure where your material panels are going to hit before you design them, as all templates are "flat" with no idea of how much depth there actually is.

phototec

Search Google for 2011 Grand Caravan brochure PDF

A trick I use, is to use Google, search for 2011 Grand Caravan brochure PDF, download the brochure and most of the time they have eps line drawings, sometimes wheelbase dimensions. Again, you can scale the line drawing using Illy to a known scale and you have your template.

Here is the link to my tip pabck in May 2011, see post #9.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80002

My Google search found this, open the brochure to page 18 and VIEW in OUTLINE MODE, select the area you want, copy and paste into your NEW Illy document (see attached), and you have the scaled line drawing (template) you need.

http://www.dodge.com/en/pdf/2011_grand_caravan.pdf

:thumb:

Attachments

• 2011 Dodge Caravan from brochure.pdf
    299.9 KB · Views: 223

petepaz

we have used digital design warehouse in the past with good results but i always like to go see the vehicle live and take pics and measurements my self then i will just use that for my template