• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle wrap insurance advice

worthy1

Hi All,

A newbie to the forums (well long time reader anyway). Apologies if this has been answered before, did try do a quick search.

I have had my vehicle wrapping business here in Australia for about 5 months now. It has gotten to the stage that i should look into insurance, not through any issues but want to be safe then sorry as business picks up.

I have setup at home with the wrapping done in the garage and all the vinyl stored in an office in the house along with a vinyl cutter, computer etc.

My question is what type of insurance do i need to look at, here in Australia when i ring insurance companies most have not heard of vehicle wrapping and do not know what categories to class it as to work out public liability insurance, is this an issue anywhere else and is there a category that best fits eg paint restoration modification (spray painters?)?

Also with the vinyl, plotter etc would that just be covered under my home and contents and would i need to notify them it is for a home business or just simple add it on as extra items insured in normal house contents?

Any help would be great as would like to make sure i am covered from any potential issues down the track, mainly install/customers in the garage liability issue?

Thanks in advance.

rjssigns

I have a similar set-up here. My agent set us up with a "rider" on our policy for equipment etc... We also have a one million dollar "umbrella" policy that covers the rest of what we do. Not sure if that helps you or not.

Almost forgot-----:Welcome:

jasonx

Public Liability Insurance
Equipment Insurance
Product Insurance

We also have vehicle insurance for driving customers vehicles.
We're also insured for customers vehicles being stored on our premises in case someone damages or steals them.

Speak to an insurance broker they will be able to sort out everything you need.

worthy1

Thanks for your replies, definitely a lot more different coverage then i though i would need which is great.

Jasonx - I notice you are in Australia to, were there any insurance companies you found better then others or did the broker set everything up for you? like i mentioned insurance companies i did ring had no idea about vehicle wrapping or what category it would fall under

Bly

What Jason said plus income protection.
Maybe business expenses coverage too.

jasonx

I know we use a broker who organises it all for us.

They are called Brokers National - Doug Kerr Insurance Consultants P/L
Phone: (03) 9791 6688

My partner handles the specifics of dealing with them.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Have you tried querying them on coverage for "sign writer" or similar?
Vehicle wrapping essentially is a subset of that industry and they might actually know what that is.

worthy1

Thanks for the replies, i will get onto a broker asap.

I did get them to try find sign writing but i guess i was looking at the wrong company. I guess it will all affect my normal home and contents to as it is a home business as i noticed my home and contents already has a 20milllion public liability in it to.

Just out of interest, how much roughly do you pay for all that insurance? sounds like a lot of insurance which is obviously worth it, but im guessing all up it would be a hefty price tag?

beinke

Hi, if you ring David Guidera from MGA in Cummins (Lincoln) he has all the policies you need! They are great with Claims and have pay by the month aswell (At no extra cost) I found him whilst doing Piloting of wide loads and couldnt find an ensurer that had that specific insurance! You will find him a great help! :) Goodluck! :smile:

S'N'S

I'm pretty sure that home insurance doesn't cover anything to do with your home business, I would suggest you contact your insurer and ask if this is the case.

Hicalibersigns

We have "Garageman's" insurance. It covers the vehicles while they are in our possession, and also covers them if we need to drive them. We advertise the fact that we have it.