• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Wrapping Courses

TheresYourSign

Hello Everybody! I'm looking into the car wrapping world and reaching out to the experts for advise! Now for the questions... with all the training courses out there for wrapping vehicles which are the best thorough hands on courses available in Southern California? I would like to know what course you would recommend to a beginner and what courses you attended(If any & what you gained)? Mainly looking the best class that provides real life applications and extensive knowledge.

(Side notes: I do have access to a Roland VS540i and 54" Laminator.)

:thankyou:

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Rob Ivers is teaching a 3 day class at Image1Impact in February. Class info

Also search for Justin Pate training.

Distributors and Manufactures often offer 1 day manufacture sponsored training class. You won't learn a whole lot in a day but you usually get most of your money back in tools an sample material.

phototec

Justin Pate

I attended one of Justin Pates Mutoh School of Wraps in Dallas in 2010, this guy is really good, many in our industry consider him a master, he wrapped 89 Prius' in 22 days with one helper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FqPEtTBLL8

Justin has wrapped more vehicles than anyone else and developed his own 3 module method for installing vehicle wraps called UGIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QuV3KHu5_w

Here is Justin's 2015 hands-on workshop schedule, he will be in Los Angles area in April (only south-Cal. city in 2015), just be aware his workshops do sell out quickly, the Phoenix and Dallas workshops for Feb are sold out already, so if your serious I would sign up soon.

http://graphics.averydennison.com/en/home/resource-center/wrap-training.html

Although his hands-on workshops are great, you can only learn so much in the two-day class and you really need to keep learning to be proficient, so Justin has created an online learning website called The Wrap Institute a streaming video platform that teaches the art of wrapping, and right now for a limited time a ONE YEAR subscription is only $99. This is the best $99 you will ever spend on your education leaning about vehicle wraps and other wraps to.

Several years ago Justin was selling a 3-DVD set of similar videos (which I have), and I like being able to go back and re-watch them from time to time, seams like I always forget some things over time.

Good luck

ExecuPrintGS

+1 for justin pate, ive seen him at a few of the trade shows, he is very good and easy to follow.
Check out his website "the wrap institute" he has a ton of great videos.
I know someone who took one of the avery wrap cert. classes and got a wealth of knowledge out of it. :thumb: