• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Versa Camm SP300V Help

signprinter

Hey All...
Came into work today and turned on my printer. It showed all my inks were empty...and they were, my waste tank was full too...that was the 1st thing
Replaced all the inks and the printer went through it's start up, did a cleaning. The width came up as 0 and then it says internal error 0000015
I searched but couldnt really find anything but to clean encoder strip which I did but still have the error....and of course the tech support is closed today
Does anyone know what might be the problem....I am in a bind here.
Thanks

Ragnabrok

usually ink dumping is from the foam of the cap contacting the head while it's parked, wicking the ink out. replacing the caps solves this. Internal errors are hard to figure out unless they happen repeatedly.

signprinter

I just replaced the caps about 1 month ago....now over the weekend it sucked out all the ink from 4 brand new cartridges! I got the error to go away on Friday and printed...figured everything was ok...guess not :(
But I have 2 more new caps so I put those in and then put cleaning cartridges in so I will see if tomorrow those are empty...cant waste $400 more in ink!!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure that the caps are OEM. We have tested many 3rd party cap tops and most of them don't use the correct material for the absorbent pad. This makes the fibers stick up and come in contact with the head which causes your issue. One way to tell if it is OEM is that the tubing is black and not clear but that is still not a guarantee. This is one of the only parts I always recommend OEM.

Also, this can also sometimes be due to a failing pump. If you know the pump is old and the new cap tops don't fix the issue, change the pump just to be sure. Make sure the waste tubes do not get submerged in the waste ink which can cause a siphon effect. You can also push cleaning solution through the pump tubes to make sure they are running clear. If there is a big partial clog in the tube, it can make the ink drain slower which can cause this issue as well.

If all of that doesn't fix it, change the dampers/o-rings and inspect the ink line for any damage and replace as necessary.

signprinter

The caps are OEM so I will just start with that...but thank you for your help..hopefully I dont have to replace the pump.

Hey Signprinter,

No need for you to continue struggling with this issue. It's recommended that you contact Roland support and get help with this ASAP. We'll need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

GU signs

My machine had a similar issue and it turned out to be a bad cap and the machine had worked itself out of level. Apparently it wicked/syphoned the ink out all over a pile of customers banners I had been keeping there to work on the following monday. It's funny how things like this always happen on a friday afternoon!

Terry01

Hey Signprinter,

No need for you to continue struggling with this issue. It's recommended that you contact Roland support and get help with this ASAP. We'll need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn
The ink dumping is because the user failed to put the two hoses back through the clip to hold them above captop level