• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VersaArt RS-640

Signmaker4474

I have a VersaArt RS-640 that is a secondary printer so it does not get used as much. Any thing I send to print looks washed out/faded, practically in gray scale (see attached file). I performed a manual cleaning with no luck.

I recently had to initialize VersaWorks so I am not sure if I missed a setting when adding the printer. However, I never had this problem before the initialization.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20180208_200244.jpg
    20180208_200244.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 154

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks for responding. I have no magenta or yellow at all. Our local tech suggests soaking the heads in cleaning fluid but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Take the covers off so you expose the pump and tubes underneath the cap top. Bend the tube and wrap some tape around it so it won't allow fluid to run through. Fill the cap top with cleaning solution and cap the heads. I usually let it sit for no longer than an hour. Then just take the tap off and run a cleaning cycle. If that doesn't help you may need a new cap top.

Signmaker4474

Take the covers off so you expose the pump and tubes underneath the cap top. Bend the tube and wrap some tape around it so it won't allow fluid to run through. Fill the cap top with cleaning solution and cap the heads. I usually let it sit for no longer than an hour. Then just take the tap off and run a cleaning cycle. If that doesn't help you may need a new cap top.

Signmaker4474

Thanks, I got the magenta firing nicely but no luck with the yellow. I've determined the cap is the problem. The tubes are all clear but I cannot get any yellow ink to suction through the tube that leads from underneath the cap to the pump. I'm going to go ahead and replace all four caps and the tubes that lead to the pump.