• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm Print/Cut Adjustments not working...

Ladypainter

I've searched through the archives and I haven't come up with anything so here I go.

Had the black print head on my VersaCamm (at vendor's suggestion) replaced a few weeks ago, which was NOT cheap. Ever since then, my scan cut has been off a couple of centimeters (feed is dead on). This isn't a major issue on most jobs because I always do a bleed anyway. I have a job now for 300 price decals that are only about .75" high by 1.5" long and they have a tiny white border, so the cut looks terrible, completely cutting off the border on one side and making it too big on the other (perfect on the other 2 sides). I had to add the white border because the main background color is a dark red and a cut line on the darker colors with my machine lifts up around the edges. I have adjusted the print/cut alignment settings for the scan from a little bit to quite a bit but the cut is identically off, no matter what the settings.

Called my vendor. He said he thinks he remembers someone else having this problem and wants to send the tech out after the holiday to do some internal adjustments. Should I have to pay for that??? I hate to cut them on anything because they are a small business and have been the most awesome vendor I have ever had, but it just seems weird that it coincided with the head replacement.

Has anyone else had this particular problem? This is a straight print and cut...no lam...one operation without removing the vinyl. Happens every time, no matter the file or type of vinyl.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your tech should not have left until this was working 100% correctly.

I would venture to say, they'll bill you for the full amount. It's up to you how well you can negotiate. I doubt you'll get it free, but tell them you'll meet them 1/2 way, if they insist on billing. Don't offer 1/2 right away, there's always a slim chance they'll return for free.

Good luck.