• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VersaCamm SP-300(V) Strange spray on wrong color :P

Oskar

Hi everyone!

My first post here..

I have a strange problem in my opinion.. I have a "bad" (but okay for most of my jobs) result on the black channel on the test prints but besides that, every thing looks really great on test prints, but.. I have a really bad "overspray" on the Cyan channel.

How can the test print look so good but other than that turn out so bad? Okay, black is not so sharp, but not spraying all over the place like Cyan.. Yellow and Magenta prints fine..

It is just the Cyan.. Have anyone any clue ??

Attached some images.. The cyan lines are not that satisfying :p

upload_2021-1-7_19-30-20.png

upload_2021-1-7_19-31-0.png

upload_2021-1-7_19-32-28.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's usually a sign the head is failing. The DX4 head can shoot different sized dots. The largest dot is the easiest to fire properly and is used in the test print so the nozzle check can look perfectly good and still over spray when printing. If you take a look at your service report, I'm willing to bet the black/cyan head has fired over it's expected shot count.

Sometimes the issue is a bad head cable. I'd check those first and replace if needed as it's a cheaper option. Try air dusting the terminals while you're in there as well.

Oskar

It's usually a sign the head is failing. The DX4 head can shoot different sized dots. The largest dot is the easiest to fire properly and is used in the test print so the nozzle check can look perfectly good and still over spray when printing. If you take a look at your service report, I'm willing to bet the black/cyan head has fired over it's expected shot count.

Sometimes the issue is a bad head cable. I'd check those first and replace if needed as it's a cheaper option. Try air dusting the terminals while you're in there as well.

Thank you very much for the explanation! That make sense.. I'll check the cable, and hope that's the problem, but maybe it's time for a replacement of the head :( Thanks again!

Joe House

Also, look at your humidity. If it's below 30%, static will build up and pull ink out of its intended path. Cyan seems to be the color most affected by static charges. If humidity is low and you can't improve it, printing slower will slow down the buildup of static, hopefully to a level that the moisture in the air can dissipate it.
There are other static suppression techniques too, like static cords, ionizers, or swiffer dusters if they have those over there.

Good Luck

Oskar

Also, look at your humidity. If it's below 30%, static will build up and pull ink out of its intended path. Cyan seems to be the color most affected by static charges. If humidity is low and you can't improve it, printing slower will slow down the buildup of static, hopefully to a level that the moisture in the air can dissipate it.
There are other static suppression techniques too, like static cords, ionizers, or swiffer dusters if they have those over there.

Good Luck

Hmm.. Very interesting! Indeed.. The problem occured pretty recently, at least the majority of it, and the spray seems to be so.. nice in a way.. so evenly distributed. Like the static make the dropplets repell each other... Maybe it has to do with the recent move of the printer.. Just to an another corner of the room, but the timeline do match the start of the problem pretty well I think.. Will look in to that too..

Thanks for your input!