• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm SP-300 Yellow bleed on prints

blake2415

Hello folks,

I hope someone here might have had this problem and can enlighten me on possible fixes. My service rep wants to replace my yellow/mag head but I don't see how a bad head could do this. I'm having the yellow and maybe a bit of magenta bleed out during print. I can see a head leaking as a problem, but not this problem as the yellow is evenly applied as if the print were instructed to put a even and level yellow cast over the whole print. Here are two pictures, one of the print job with the problem. Then a 2nd of the same print job after a number of cleaning cycles. I don't know if the cleaning cycles really make the difference or not, I'm not sure why this bleed happens but as you can see the print job is completely ruined.

I imagine this could happen with a black or cyan shaded bleed if the other head did this. Not knowing how this head is controlled, I don't know where to look for problems. If by default the heads want to print and the signaling hold back the ink to make the image, then I might have a open on the control line for the yellow print heat (assuming the mode of operation is heads print unless instructed not to). I have NO idea how this works, this is just an example.

Anybody recognize this?

The first photo has the yellow bleed, the 2nd is after several cleaning cycles. How a cleaning cycle affects this is illogical to me so cleanings may have nothing to do with it but I dont't know.

Bill

IMAG0422.jpg IMAG0423.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The signal to the yellow channel is getting scrambled along the way some how. The fact that it goes away after cleaning seems to indicate that it may be a static build up issue. This time of year gets really dry which makes it easier for static to build up.

Static Remedies:

1. Use a humidifier to bring the environment into the machine's specs. (Found in user manual)
2. If on carpet, spray fabric softener (w/static release) on carpet around the printer
3. Ground the printer with a wire
4. Make sure the shinny metal around the print head's bottom is very clean. (The metal is supposed to bring static away from the head and dried ink can impede that function

Other than static, the head very well might be on it's way out. Check the head cables for damage or debris on the contacts. It could also be the long trailing cable that goes from the slider board to the main board.

blake2415

Other than static, the head very well might be on it's way out. Check the head cables for damage or debris on the contacts. It could also be the long trailing cable that goes from the slider board to the main board.

Your information was hugely valuable. The dealer said replace the head. So this point of yours makes me ask, how could a head drop ink so perfectly unless something else was firing the ink. If the yellow were irregular, I can see where maybe the head is misfiring, but the layer of yellowish tint is dang near perfect making me think something is putting out yellow fairly accurately.

I'm watching for all the points you made on my next print. I will not clean the head my usual way but will make sure about the grounding. Thanks a million for your help!

Bill

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The signal to the head is very precise within micro seconds. When it gets interrupted or interfered with it almost always will print a semi solid color. Basically, instead of receiving a nozzle specific, variable signal the head receives a constant signal that tells it to fire on all cylinders.

madsign25

Mybe it's too far but check the fan work or not, from versawork (Job Settings>Printer Controls> Other Controls> Vacuum Power off/normal/strong) set strong, if material not set well the head will touch it and print lines, do that after cleaning cap / wipper every part in parking head area . If it's not mechanic issue I'm thinking about replacing the trailing cable .