• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm vinyl options

High Octane

Just wondering if I can get some infor on acceptable types of vinyl which can be run through the versacamm sp 540 v ..I would like to use like 3m, FDC or something..cast i perfer as i want to use it for vehicle graphics and outdoor signage....I would like to stay away from the Roland materials as they are quite expensive...What types of materials are you guys using?....Also any info on the Daige laminators...I am thinking about getting one as they are more in my price range after just purchasing the versacamm...kinda broke the bank there...any help is much appreciated...thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The problem is that ecosolvent and solvent inkjets don't really get along that well with cast vinyls. Weakens the adhesive. You might check into 3M Controltac-C for high end work but the bottom line is your imaging is only good for two or three years so thicker calendared films are what you mostly get to select from .... especially to keep costs in line.

New fims are coming out all the time for inkjets. Oracal has been very active, so if you haven't checked over their lineup, you might give a look.

Laminating is a nice addition to extend durability but the Daige is a poor solution at best. If you can't go for a good unit like a GBC, Seal or Ledco, look into solutions like Frog Juice or ClearStar until you can afford a good laminator.

Barry

Fred Weiss said:
The problem is that ecosolvent and solvent inkjets don't really get along that well with cast vinyls. Weakens the adhesive. You might check into 3M Controltac-C for high end work but the bottom line is your imaging is only good for two or three years so thicker calendared films are what you mostly get to select from .... especially to keep costs in line.

New fims are coming out all the time for inkjets. Oracal has been very active, so if you haven't checked over their lineup, you might give a look.

Laminating is a nice addition to extend durability but the Daige is a poor solution at best. If you can't go for a good unit like a GBC, Seal or Ledco, look into solutions like Frog Juice or ClearStar until you can afford a good laminator.
Ive had good luck with 3M, Orajet, MetaMark and of course Roland brand vinyls.. The key is to get a vinyl that is made to print on with Eco-Sol/Solvent Inks.