• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versamm stopped printing?!

landdesigns

While doing a print on my VS-540 , the printer stopped printing , the head carriage moves but no ink?
Tried cleaning, checked everything I could but everything looks good . Looking for some advice on where's a good place start and if anyone has experienced this problem also?

Thank you so much!
.jpg

ams

Could be out of ink, air in the lines, clogged nozzles, etc. Try another print and see what happens, do an extensive self cleaning on it, insure the wipers are clean.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
import the file again in to versacamm(?)
worse case you need to re initialize the software ( it will delete every info. every file from versacamm. so you will have to do a full setup including typing in your printers IP number)
If you have more of this get a new cat5 cable.

ams

Try a self printing test without using a file. Put new ink in and test print several times.

phototec

Have you looked at the ink lines to verify there is ink in them?

When you do the TEST PRINT, does the print head move out from the parked position and go through the motions as if it was to print the test print, if so and nothing is printed then I would assume the print head is NOT receiving the command to fire, so it is most likely an electronic issue, bad print head cable, or board (IMHO).

Any storms or lightning in your area (power surges) when this happened?

I use a large UPS for my printer, it helps to filter out power surges that can cause havoc to electrical components.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Any time all the colors drop out at the same time without fading it's a blown fuse on the main board. Lucky for you I believe the VS series has a user replaceable fuse instead of a soldered one. I am not sure which rated fuse they used on that model but if you call Roland they will sell you one.