• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versastudio bn 20

Bluedog

Does anyone know if any supplier carries cast vinyl and cast laminate for the versastudio bn 20? Would I be ok using Roland's cal. Vinyl with cast laminate, can't seem to find that size anywhere ! Any help with this subject would be greatly appreciated ! I wanna do small outdoor signage .
Thanks Jeff

Cyw

Jeff, you could also ask your regular supplier
Some places will cut the rolls for you for a small fee

Diane

Bluedog

Thanks for the answers I recieved so far! I am on a budget but I am looking to be able to do some digital printing, as an add on to vinyl cutting. I mostly do smaller signs 4 by 8 being the largest and vehicle lettering, would like to combine the two ( dp and cut vinyl ) on the same job! My concerns are , for one I only found roland calendered vinyl for this machine and no laminate 20" wide, but from another post I made and u tube videos I think I can get by with a big squeegee and a larger size laminate , trim the excess, and reload in bn 20 and contour cut? Concern # 2 How long would a graphic on calendered vinyl last with lamination?

CS-SignSupply-TT

Is the BN20 right for you?

Thanks for the answers I recieved so far! I am on a budget but I am looking to be able to do some digital printing, as an add on to vinyl cutting.

***Many times digital printing is used for multi-colored logos/images that cannot be produced with traditional vinyl.

I mostly do smaller signs 4 by 8 being the largest and vehicle lettering, would like to combine the two ( dp and cut vinyl ) on the same job! My concerns are , for one I only found roland calendered vinyl for this machine and no laminate 20" wide,

***There are a variety of 20" medias available from our distributor, FDC. Unfortunately, listing all of the 20" available is cumbersome and time consuming. However, the number of requests I am receiving for BN20 medias leads me to believe it may be worth the time and effort.

but from another post I made and u tube videos I think I can get by with a big squeegee and a larger size laminate , trim the excess, and reload in bn 20 and contour cut?

***The BN20 will handle the contour cut of the laminated images.

Concern # 2 How long would a graphic on calendered vinyl last with lamination?

***outdoor durability should be 3-5 years with calendared vinyl and matching calendared laminate. But, it depends on where the graphics are installed.

splizaat

If you're going to use cal film, you might as well save the money and use cal lam....they'll be fine on outdoor signs for 3-5 years -- at least. But I can tell you printing a 4'x8' in three pieces 8ft long on that little 20" printer is going to take all day. You'd be better off buying a used 30" - more media, wider print and cheaper.

Bluedog

I wouldn't try to print 4'x8' with this printer, the whole sign might be that big with smaller stuff dp on it, along with cut vinyl