Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VersaWork freezing everyday (few times)

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Patentagosse, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Patentagosse

Patentagosse Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Joliette, Quebec (Canada)
    Anyone else faced this?

I'm just about to hit something in the room. No matter what is in the RIP (small or very big files), when applying different settings and trying to get back to main window to start ripping, it freezes.

CTRL-ALT-DEL ---» VersaWork

Restart the application and everything is back on track, I can work for an hour w/o issue when suddently, after switching from Print Only to Cut Only, I hit OK and then I'm jammed there. Wether it's a vector file (784kb) or large hires image (219Mb), it's the same sh*t. There's plenty of ressources on this computer but to make sure nothing comes in conflict with VersaWork, I've run it alone (nothing else, not even the emails). Same problem. It happened at few occasions in the past year but very random... for 2-3 months, it's on a daily base.

Any clue?????????????????????????:frustrated:

Tags:
  2. kanini

kanini Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Of course you've done it, but I have to ask anyways if you have updated VW to the latest version...?
    Do you have automatic updates activated? That could sometimes be a culprit (according to my tech in the older versions) but don't know if it reacts like you describes it...

3. Patentagosse

Aug 17, 2011
    It has been updated this summer ('can't remember exactly). Software only (no profiles). Firmware has also been updated this year.

Window XP 32bit if it helps to figure something...

4. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
  5. Andrew O

Andrew O Merchant Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Irvine, CA
  6. Patentagosse

Aug 17, 2011
    Thanks. After Mike gave me the link, I've read ALL posts and 'will try the suggestions made/tried there.
    I feel no longer alone with my issue... :)

7. MJzr

MJzr New Member

Oct 10, 2012
    I got the same issue, now i just keep windows task manager open just incase! there was a pretty big update not too long ago and i had hopes it would fix this but sadly it hasn't changed. i think it is the corrupt jobs or artwork in the job queue that do it, and by corrupt it can mean that you have moved the file to another location and versaworks can't find it, or you have deleted the file. i've just took to assuming thats whats causing the crashes, although it makes no sense that this happens when its freezing during the job settings.

you're definitely not alone!