• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWork freezing everyday (few times)

Patentagosse

Anyone else faced this?

I'm just about to hit something in the room. No matter what is in the RIP (small or very big files), when applying different settings and trying to get back to main window to start ripping, it freezes.

CTRL-ALT-DEL ---» VersaWork

Restart the application and everything is back on track, I can work for an hour w/o issue when suddently, after switching from Print Only to Cut Only, I hit OK and then I'm jammed there. Wether it's a vector file (784kb) or large hires image (219Mb), it's the same sh*t. There's plenty of ressources on this computer but to make sure nothing comes in conflict with VersaWork, I've run it alone (nothing else, not even the emails). Same problem. It happened at few occasions in the past year but very random... for 2-3 months, it's on a daily base.

Any clue?????????????????????????:frustrated:

kanini

Of course you've done it, but I have to ask anyways if you have updated VW to the latest version...?
Do you have automatic updates activated? That could sometimes be a culprit (according to my tech in the older versions) but don't know if it reacts like you describes it...

Patentagosse

It has been updated this summer ('can't remember exactly). Software only (no profiles). Firmware has also been updated this year.

Window XP 32bit if it helps to figure something...

Patentagosse

Thanks. After Mike gave me the link, I've read ALL posts and 'will try the suggestions made/tried there.
I feel no longer alone with my issue... :)

MJzr

I got the same issue, now i just keep windows task manager open just incase! there was a pretty big update not too long ago and i had hopes it would fix this but sadly it hasn't changed. i think it is the corrupt jobs or artwork in the job queue that do it, and by corrupt it can mean that you have moved the file to another location and versaworks can't find it, or you have deleted the file. i've just took to assuming thats whats causing the crashes, although it makes no sense that this happens when its freezing during the job settings.

you're definitely not alone!