• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Versaworks 6 not opening

IDB Signs

Has anyone had issues with VW6 not opening? I am running Win10 and have had several instances since upgrading to 6 where all that happens when I try to open the app is the splash screen comes up, I get the 'Finding Device Info' and 'Initializing Job Database' messages before it disappears and nothing else happens.

In the past, it has been indicative of an update and that solved the issue, but there isn't one now, and frankly, the program shouldn't crap out every time they release an update.

I have tried running as Admin, and Initializing the App and neither worked. Restarting didn't work. I reached out to Roland, but I would like to be able to be printing before the end of the week, so if anyone has any ideas or experience with this, I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

IDB Signs

Thanks Joe, but I just did that, and now when I go to input the machine's IP address it keeps telling me it can't be found or verified correctly. I changed the address, in case it was a history/cache type of issue, but still, nothing changed.

Joe House

Try running it as admin to get your printer set up. Also make sure that your computer and the printer are able to see each other on the network by going to the Windows Power Shell (Admin) and pinging the IP address of the printer.

IDB Signs

Try running it as admin to get your printer set up. Also make sure that your computer and the printer are able to see each other on the network by going to the Windows Power Shell (Admin) and pinging the IP address of the printer.

I pinged the IP, and it has 4 instances of saying 'Destination Host Unreachable', then the stats say that 4 packets were sent, 4 received and 0 lost. I switched ethernet cables, just to see, and had the same results.

Joe House

Is the reply from the IP address of your printer or the IP address of your computer.
What are the IP addresses of your printer and computer?

IDB Signs

Is the reply from the IP address of your printer or the IP address of your computer.
What are the IP addresses of your printer and computer?

I believe it is from the computer. The printer IP is 169.254.051.233 and the response is from 10.1.10.127. When I ran ipconfig in the prompt, my default gateway says 10.1.10.1, so I'm assuming it's from the PC. I'm not extremely well versed in networking, just what I've had to troubleshoot in the past ha.

Last edited:

Joe House

Yeah, networking can be a pain if you don't do it often. Did you make any other changes to your system lately? New router? New Internet provider?
It looks to me like you should be able to change the IP address on your printer to something like 10.1.10.175, then use that address in VW, Let me know what happens.

Joe

IDB Signs

Hmm... still didn't change anything. We haven't made any new changes to anything lately. Everything was working fine when I left it last week, then I came in to open up yesterday morning and had the issue with VW not opening, then after getting a previous version installed, I ran into this IP issue. Thanks again for all your help, Joe!

IDB Signs

Yeah, networking can be a pain if you don't do it often. Did you make any other changes to your system lately? New router? New Internet provider?
It looks to me like you should be able to change the IP address on your printer to something like 10.1.10.175, then use that address in VW, Let me know what happens.

Joe
Well, I ended up calling into Roland, ready to buy the support plan, and the guy I spoke with ended up helping me for free! Somehow my ethernet adapter got shut off, so when I was running the ipconfig to get the IP's, I was reading from the WLAN, not the Ethernet. Just wanted to post the outcome, in case anyone else has issues. Thanks so much for your help, Joe!!