• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Versaworks And Pdf

thebirddog

eeeyyooo :)
Hello all.. I exported a file from Illustrator CC to Adobe 6 (PDF 5.1) as you can see in the top image and the actual print result in the bottom of the image.. Any ideas why Versaworks 5.2 is not printing the faded back ground like it should?
File prints ok .. Just the 50% badge behinde the clipart of the kids looks really bad after a VersaWorks test print?

its not a very complex file and just a simple graduation colour background with a 50% faded badge over it with the clipart of the kids at the front.

Ideas and suggestions would be very helpful x Thanks.

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 419

CanuckSigns

Versaworks sucks with PDF files that have transparencies, it's a well known issue and they have apparently fixed it with versaworks Duo. If your printer is suported by versaworks Duo I would upgrade, if not I would flatten the image and send it as a .tiff

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
VersaWorks Dual does a much better job interpolating PDFs, if you can't run dual and there is no cut paths to contend with I'd just export a 150dpi tiff file as VersWorls chews right thru tiffs no prob.

oksigns

This looks like a profiling issue.

There are huge discrepancies in your colors. Your magenta is off.. the gamut range is just not there.

Now, one other thing is to check to see if you are mixing RGB and CMYK color modes in the file as that will cause issues with the final output.

2B

This looks like a profiling issue.

There are huge discrepancies in your colors. Your magenta is off.. the gamut range is just not there.

Now, one other thing is to check to see if you are mixing RGB and CMYK color modes in the file as that will cause issues with the final output.

this was what I noticed first, would be willing to bet the design was done in RGB and printed CMYK.

as suggested PDF and VersaWorks do not play well with each other. TIFF files are best or another RASTER file will usually work better than PDF for gradient