• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks - Copying over profiles from one computer to the next?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I've got Versaworks installed on a new computer and want to get my 3M/Oracal profiles installed that I already have on an older computer.

Can I copy and paste from one computer to the other? Where would I find these profiles?

Or do I need to go through the download process from scratch again?

Thanks in advance!

shoresigns

You don't need to download them again. When you loaded them into VersaWorks originally, VW would have copied them all into one place. I found mine in C:\Program Files (x86)\Roland VersaWorks\Profiles\SOLJET PRO3\ECO-SOL MAX CMYKLcLm. The Profiles folder contains folders for many different printers supported by VersaWorks, so just find yours and the profiles will be there.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
You don't need to download them again. When you loaded them into VersaWorks originally, VW would have copied them all into one place. I found mine in C:\Program Files (x86)\Roland VersaWorks\Profiles\SOLJET PRO3\ECO-SOL MAX CMYKLcLm. The Profiles folder contains folders for many different printers supported by VersaWorks, so just find yours and the profiles will be there.

Awesome, thanks. I'll give that a go.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You can also export them from Versaworks and import them on the new machine. Probably safer that way as you won't be copying over any unneccessary files or miss anything critical.
Go in the the Media Explorer (from the Media menu) and you can click on the profile you want to export then click the Save To File icon and it does all the hard work for you.
Copy to the new machine, go back into Media Explorer and do a Load From File.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
You can also export them from Versaworks and import them on the new machine. Probably safer that way as you won't be copying over any unneccessary files or miss anything critical.
Go in the the Media Explorer (from the Media menu) and you can click on the profile you want to export then click the Save To File icon and it does all the hard work for you.
Copy to the new machine, go back into Media Explorer and do a Load From File.

I like this idea, thanks! Going to give it a go right now.