• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versaworks / crop marks with trim marks

mikeinpdx

I was doing a bunch of different cut decals, and I didn't notice one group had trim marks enabled in the print job. That basically throws everything out of alignment. I'm assuming that whenever this happens, you basically need remove the trim marks and reprint, but I was curious if there is anyway to recover from that sort of error. Seems kind of odd that Versaworks don't warn about issues like that, since it appears you should never have trim/margin marks if you're using crop marks for cutting.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
If you're talking about the contour cut lines from your design program, they won't show up in the print from Versaworks if you created them with the right color setup before exporting.
Human error. We've done it too.

mikeinpdx

If you're talking about the contour cut lines from your design program, they won't show up in the print from Versaworks if you created them with the right color setup before exporting.
Human error. We've done it too.

Thanks - wasn't that! Everything was fine except one small set of decals had the trim marks enabled, and that evidently shifts the origin or starting point for the plotter so everything in the whole batch is ruined. Remove the trim marks, reprint, and it cuts fine. Just super irritating and I wondered if there was a workaround next time ( if ever ) that happens again!

ABPGraphics

Didn't think the alignment would change with trim marks, but add the job again as a separate job to Versaworks. Make sure the settings are all the same including the trim marks. Rip. Change to cut. Cut.