• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks, Custom Media Profiles causing Cyan Cast, Roland Soljet III XJ-640

newyear

We have been calibrating our custom media profiles in versaworks and things seemed to be going well. However, we started to get a cyan cast to everything we print. If I select any .icc other than the DefaultCMYKPrinter.icc from roland The cyan cast shows up. We spoke with a trainer for Nazdar and he said he has seen this issue when using versaworks. However after calling Roland they say this is something we are doing wrong. Has anyone else had this issue when calibrating media with Versaworks, and if so how do you fix it.

It is very simple to test whether or not your ICC is responsible for the color cast. Print your reference test image with color management disabled in VW (Density Control Only), and then again with your ICC applied. If the cast appears with color management in use, then your ICC is responsible for the cast. In that case, you need to fix it by building a proper ICC profile.