• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Dual Issues

toomeycustoms

So we got the email a while ago for the free Versaworks Dual upgrade. We have downloaded it and installed on 2 different computers, 1 being a brand new rip computer, all running Windows 7 Pro. Within 15 minutes of using it, it has crashed on both computers. It crashes when we drag in certain files to print. These are same files that we have printed numerous times using the old Versaworks. Nothing special about them, just eps and jpgs. No error message, just closes the program. So for now, we will just use the old Versaworks.

Anyone else running into issues with Versaworks Dual?

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
We had a bear of a time installing it on a new Windblows 10 machine, I have to launch it using the "run as admin" function just to get it to launch. It does do a much better job of handling files with transparencies. Unfortuanley it will only support 1 of our 2 Rolands so......

Hey toomeycustoms,

Behrmon offered the same suggestion we would, that's run VersaWorks Dual as adminstrator. This is a recommended action whether it's installed onto Windows 10, 8 and 7. Also, be sure you're running the latest version of VersaWorks Dual, which is v1.6.8 (as of this writing).

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Joe House

If you create a desktop shortcut, you Vann go into the properties (rt. Click)>advanced and set out to always run add administrator (when using that shortcut)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

advision

Running as administrator has the unfortunate side effect of no longer being able to drag files into queue. You must import via file menu. Pretty lame. Since this is an advertised feature on the Roland website and Windows 10, 8, and 7 are the advertised recommended OS this needs a fix in my opinion. It's odd that Versaworks does not have this issue but Versaworks Dual does. Is it because it's 64 bit?

Jinwook

I also use Versaworks Dual V 1.4.1 (from CD) without any problem but after upgrade it to V 1.6.8 can not import EPS,PDF format file.(JPG file can...). My OS is Windows 7 Pro 64bit. (Versaworks Dual screen said "the *.eps file corrupted.......................but ealier version can import same file)

advision

I was able to fix my issues today by uninstalling Versaworks Dual then opening file explorer and searching the whole computer for "Versaworks Dual" then deleting all results. Reinstalled from disk and now it seems to be working fine without running it in admin mode. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work because of the files left behind by the uninstaller.

• Agree
Reactions: meb