• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Versaworks first time user. Format/template for RV

XGT

I have a roland soljet pro iii xc540. first time Im going to use it for the first time for one of my friends thats running for state rep.

The graphic designer wants to know if I can provide him with a template to use in developing the layout (Are there programs out there that have a template for a 1994 thor rv?)

He also wants to know what file format. I know a vector file will be best but if they are not able to provide that what is the next best thing (obviously the higher the resolution the better).

Should I also specify to format the "image" in RGB for my printer?

Also is there a good thread/blog about taking a file and sending it to my printer but also talking about how to create "tiles" (I believe that is what it is called when taking an image and breaking it into sections).

Thanks for the help.

Any book recommendations is appreciated as well.

AKwrapguy

I have a roland soljet pro iii xc540. first time Im going to use it for the first time for one of my friends thats running for state rep.

The graphic designer wants to know if I can provide him with a template to use in developing the layout (Are there programs out there that have a template for a 1994 thor rv?)

He also wants to know what file format. I know a vector file will be best but if they are not able to provide that what is the next best thing (obviously the higher the resolution the better).

Should I also specify to format the "image" in RGB for my printer?

Also is there a good thread/blog about taking a file and sending it to my printer but also talking about how to create "tiles" (I believe that is what it is called when taking an image and breaking it into sections).

Thanks for the help.

Any book recommendations is appreciated as well.

So did you buy a printer had have no idea how to use it?
Do you have a laminator?

As far as you questions go. I would say it's the designers job to get a template. But there are several vehicle template services that you can subscribe to or purchase online. I've never had much luck with raster based templates so I would suggest a vector template from some place like Pro Vehicle Templates, Art Station Vehicle Templates, another one you can try but I've never used is The Blueprints.

As far as the file format, it all depends on what software you have, but a PDF usually always safe, as it's pretty universal....if possible never a compressed format.

As far as the image being RGB or CMYK, that's up to you and your set up, colors, etc.... it all depends what you doing and the wrap.

As far as asking if there is a good blog or thread yes... there is a search function on this site.

As far a the tiling, your rip software will tile it and you should be able to adjust tile size as well as orientation ( I would flip every other tile for a better consistency.

Have you ever warped anything before? What's you experience with this industry?

XGT

I’ve done reading about using the printer itself. Have I ever physically used a printer myself. No I have not.

I’ve got it setup and printed my first image yesterday just to test it. I have the general idea of using the printer but I do not know all of the ins and outs of using it. I understand needing to use the correct icc profiles for optimal printing results however still fuzzing in the cymk/rgb subject. I looked on some of the online websites for vehicle templates but was having difficulty finding rv templates.

I have wrapped a couple vehicles before. And bumpers. Obviously new to the industry. I’ve been in the window film industry for ten years and looking to expand into the graphics industry.

I have an enduralam laminator.