• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks Freezing on Application Start

DravidDavid

Just thought I'd let everyone know, if VersaWorks 5.1.1 is hanging on startup (seems to be Win7 86/64 operating systems), it's most likely to do with the fact automatic updates are enabled on application start. Disable the automatic updates or change them to weekly and VersaWorks won't hang your computer for 20 seconds before you can use it again. I've also noticed it seems more stable over-all for some reason.

Took me a couple of hours. Figured someone searching for this issue might benefit one day.

Cheers,
David

DravidDavid

I had this happen to me yesterday out of the blue....took an hour and a half to reboot VW.... and now all the file previews on the right are blank.

I don't know what the hell caused this as I have automatic updates/downloads disabled but I'm going to have to save all my important files and settings and re-initialize.

Hopefully that fixes it.... as I find VW crashes a lot when you're working with multiples files and I can't afford 2 hours of downtime every time it crashes!! :banghead:

(probably doesn't help that I have a couple hundred files in the queue either...)

Ouch!

We've found queue cleaning is important to keep VW performing properly. Re-initializing will clean them up for you though, haha. Make sure you jot down the IP addresses of your printers before hand. I forgot and it was a pain digging through each settings menu in each printer trying to find them!

Ours seems to crash now when you try and select a spot colour for a particular replacement in a file. No idea why.

Good luck!