• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versaworks help for newbie

shaunie44

hi all need some help with versa works if anyone can help please
i use versa works and flexi sign but i can not get my colours vibrant for some reason i read somewhere about adjusting spot colors but my versa works wont seem to let me do it if anyone has patients and time to help out would be great pleaseeeeeeee

Mainframe

What printer are you using and do you have Adobe illustrator or correl draw? Using one of those programs to design would be helpful in getting a better color accuracy from the start, if you want to use versaworks to print spot colors from the color chart, you have to generate a color chart and print it, also import the chart into your design program and sign the color in there.

Then in your que settings in versaworks make sure "print spot colors" is checked so your printer will pick the correct color.

Look on Rolands web sites for tutorials, Roland uk has some nice videos to help you. Good luck

mackenzieGRAPHICS

The Roland DGA videos are super informative with VersaWorks. I would highly recommend checking them out for a lot of good-to-know knowledge.

Here's one to get you started:

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
You need to work in RGB mode!
go to File > Document Color Mode>set it to RGB from CMYK.
you will NEVER ever get good colors out of cmyk :(

Spot colors can give you superb results but very hard to try. It will always print a different shade what you see on the screen!
First of all spot colors won't work if you have any layer with transparent background. can't even use drop shadow effect!
Mostly I use spot colors for perfect grey or black colors. bk21a will give you perfect black. it won't use any other colors but the black ink. You want perfect grey you gotta find the best one. you gott abasically do test prints to find the one you like. I always do test prints when i work out of illustrator. Last time I had a huge gradient and instead of orange it was more like peach once it was printed. wasted 10yd or material :(
When you use spot colors you have to check the option in versaworks! You can also change the colors in there too. So you might pick a red color you like but in versaworks you realize that it uses some amount of other inks besides magenta and yellow. or maybe the M and Y not on %100 or whatever the issue can be you can either pick another color in versaworks and you can see each spot color uses what percentage of which inks or you can manually adjust the percentages of each ink. you just have to make sure you chose convert spot color to the new one.