• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Help

MGraphics

Anyone know the max size file you can bring into Versaworks?? Trying 3.9G and gets half way then says it is corrupt. It is a .TIFF so it should work but is suspect it is toooooo large.

Thanks!!!

idsignsil

I am not sure what the max file size is, but I have had the same thing happen. I just scale it down to 10 percent, (or whatever you choose) and it should work just fine.

OADesign

MGraphics,

I can't imagine what you would be printing that needs a file size on 4G. But that neither here nore there.

Try to open the image in Photoshop.

Then check the image mode. It should be 8 bits per channel. Some times (not sure how or why) customers send me files that are in 16bits per channel. VW no likey 16bits.

IMAGE > MODE > 8 bits per channel > save.

Select 8 bits. Save and retry in VW.

Then I'm betting its a panel for a wrap? Designed full file @ 300dpi aka way to many pixels. Try a lower res a give it another go. But i think the aforementioned steps will solve you problem.

3.9Gigs is HUUUUGE. I can't say that in the last 9 years that I've ever tried to load a file that big. Unless this project is meant to be viewed from 12 inches away or is WAY oversized, I would suggest downsampling your image. A file that large is also more likely to corrupt in export from your editing software and could even possibly damage your source file. (keep yer originals safely filed away) If your source file takes a long time to load into your editing software, resample to your intended output resolution before doing anything else. Make sure all placed images are sized, cropped and then matched to your output resolution before further editing. Its easy to forget that a seemingly little image can have a super-big filesize within your larger artwork. Also, be sure to flatten/discard layers if you export to a TIFF or PDF. Hope this helps!

Mosh

4g? Never had a file that big, and we have printed some stuff for 9'x53' semi trailers,
they were not even close to 1G.

MGraphics

Thanks guys... yeah its is some "designer " who has an image of the milky way galaxy... first off he wnated to use a 24 gig one.... i said we will see if 3 g works if not we are into mb's.... some people!! Thanks for the help!!!

DRW

Yeah, never had one that size. I was at a VWorks seminar awhile back, and Roland mentioned that a 2GB file was the max file accepted in Versaworks, however that was a couple versions ago.

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
Its not VW that has a limit as much as windows has a limit. 32bit system can only handle about 3 gig (maybe), 64 bit can handle alot more,
remember VW is a 32bit application

Inspire

Print and Cut Issue with Roland Versaworks

Im running a Roland sp-545ex print cut plotter.

I created a label 4x2 inch full color in AI sent it to print right from Ai to versaworks.

The label prints is great however I want the label to cut exactly 4x2.
However when cutting the plotter cuts off the bottom of the label and into the white material. So basically the label has a white border at the bottom.

When I shift the label 90 degrees I have the same issue.
I thought thru Versaworks when I see the job and set the size at 4x2 inch and see the marching ants Im good to go.

Do I need to do a Cut-Contour for cutting or can I change some setting.
Is there a quick setting or method to create a label 4x2 and print and cut

rjssigns

Take the file down to 25% size and let VW scale it at 400%. This is our normal workflow. Can use any % you want really.
This will stop VW from "choking" on the big chunks. LOL

Cyw

Unless I'm misreading your issue, it sounds like your eps border settings aren't set correctly in the queue
Are they still at 0.0?

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
anytime you dealing with graphics that has a super size. Try to restarize every single layer and re crop the image they way whatever vector was blown up bigger then the actual work area is now cut down so the layer actually only contains whatever you see on work area. Save as a copy see how much smaller it will be.