• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks help

altereddezignz

Looking for someone running a new version of verse works. Needing a little help understanding a couple things and if I am missing something here and there. Used to onyx and flexi.

Thanks.

player

Looking for someone running a new version of verse works. Needing a little help understanding a couple things and if I am missing something here and there. Used to onyx and flexi.

Thanks.
What do you want to know grasshopper?

hqdefault.jpg

altereddezignz

ok first is there a way to show the registration marks when setting up to contour cut on the print preview?
2. For some reason no matter what black i use or media my black always looks as if it needs another coat. So like if you were painting a white canvas with spray paint and needed to spray it down just one more time.
Tried out a few profiles last night on orafol 3651 for some testing. This profile that is 720x720 8 pass printed exactly the same as the general default 720x720 8 pass generic roland profile. With that being said the only way i can get a solid complete cover black is to use the generic roland profile at 720x1440 12 pass but it is to much ink and almost looks like brail.

Think thats it currently , its being ran on a RF-640 dual head CMYK machine.. Brand new.

Thank you

altereddezignz

oh and is there a way to set it to print the image or design only and not the whole media width even when there is not an image to print on the last half of the media.

IE print is 12x12 but it still runs the full 54" wide of material. No contour cut or reg marks.

crny1

The only way I get a "good" black is with using Rolands spot color black. Most everything I do is PrePress setting and with the profile for the media. I do alot on 3165 and it turns out good. I had my machine profiled and we turned down the ink limit so the darker colors were drying better. My machine is a xc540 though.
I have never found a way to show anything other then the full media width. You can drag the image around on the layout tab to place it where you want on the media.
As for registration marks I am only able to see them when in the clip and tile view. Can never see them in the preview window thanks to the low resolution images it show.

altereddezignz

The only way I get a "good" black is with using Rolands spot color black. Most everything I do is PrePress setting and with the profile for the media. I do alot on 3165 and it turns out good. I had my machine profiled and we turned down the ink limit so the darker colors were drying better. My machine is a xc540 though.
I have never found a way to show anything other then the full media width. You can drag the image around on the layout tab to place it where you want on the media.
As for registration marks I am only able to see them when in the clip and tile view. Can never see them in the preview window thanks to the low resolution images it show.

What i mean on the media width is on the printer itself.

When it prints something the head travels the whole width of the machine. On my epson it will travel just a little past the design stop move the vinyl and do its pass coming back. Hope that makes since.
I hate having to correct 1000's of files bc of a black issue tho thats the bad part. As well as possibly having it print on different machine. I am going to create just a print of blacks and see what i can com up with.

I am sure there is a solution to it without fixing and correcting all the files..

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated!

Igor Leskovar

Do You use RGB black or CMYK black? If it is cmyk, You have to add C, M, Y component to have rich deep black. Pure black from CMYK is flat and it is normal.

rjssigns

For critical work we run "superhero" black on our Roland. 30,30,30,100 For some jobs we run Max Impact setting. You can also click the properties tab within the color management window and check Vw calls the matching method. Perceptual is supposed to mimic human vision.

crny1

When it prints something the head travels the whole width of the machine. On my epson it will travel just a little past the design stop move the vinyl and do its pass coming back. Hope that makes since.
Ok I am with you now. Yes there is a setting for that. I am not near my printer right now and the setting name escapes me. I think the main reason they set the machines to make full passes like that is so that it dont wear the encoder and stuff in certain areas. Everything wears evenly this way. Look in the menu. I think it may be called edge to edge or something like that.

equippaint

You should be able to bulk change colors in your files, in Corel its select and replace. BK21 is pure black, bk22 is composite. I got great black with bk21 then when my head started getting close to needing replaced we used bk22 and it was pretty good too.
Mimaki calls the short scan run logical seek, cant remember Roland.

C5 Service&Repair

Full width scan is the menu you want for the printer to only move the head as far as it needs to to print the smaller images. 'FULL' is the full width of the machine, 'SHEET' will move the head as wide as whatever media is loaded, regardless of what size image youre printing, and 'OFF' will only move the head as far as it needs to print the image. HOWEVER, on a new machine under warranty, if you turn the setting to OFF, and you have issues with the motors, or belts or gears, Roland will not cover those parts under warranty. Turning it off causes extreme wear on the motor and gears, especially if you print small images a lot.

No, VW will never show you the registration marks in the preview.

Either use a rich black, (30,20,20,100) or design in RGB and use a black with 0,0,0 settings and it will be nice and dark. Otherwise the Roland color library black BK21 oe BK22 gives the best results.

altereddezignz

Thank you everyone for all the reply’s. I didn’t realize it would cause additional wear letting it only print the image areas. I have no issues letting it print full width.

As far as the black I still have the issues.
I have printed rgb at 000 and cmyk even up to 100,100,100,100 ( yes I know it’s actually only like 86,90,95,99 or somehow close.). I used the bk21 and the bk22 on a cmyk and a rgb file as well and get rather close to the same result. The ONLY as I can get a real fully covered true dense black is to print 720x1440 10 pass with the vinyl 2 hd high quality. Even downloading specific profiles for the specific media results in a blac that looks as if it needs another coat. I should have took a few pics last night of it.

I attached an image of the last print I did using that setting and profile. Created a good print but on the epson I was printing on we could do that on a 4 pass.

I’m watching videos and swing images of people printing on 4-6 pass and getting deep dark blacks and don’t under stand the issue here.

I’ve tried no compression pdf. EPS with embedded profile. I know that the picture I posted was of a label with small text but before this I was just using a file I created that had 3 4x4 black squares with each color mix saves as a eps and and as a pdf in each the cmyk and rgb.

The kicker is I can print a file that has registration marks the the circles for the reg marks are dark pretty prefect black?

Oh and one more. When I print a file and tell it’s a print cut file and it has reg marks it always prints the right side right on the edge of the file and left side has space even tho it prints the image center of the page.
I will have to get pictures to make sense.

Sorry for all the question but Roland software is really new to me and this is the first time using a Roland printer.

Attachments

• AAD71F12-6499-483F-8877-8BACCFD04C84.jpeg
    AAD71F12-6499-483F-8877-8BACCFD04C84.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 348

altereddezignz

If it help any here are a few snap shots I took of the software page settings that I did take.

Attachments

• 018188EE-51E7-4D64-9D90-CC8660627B20.jpeg
    018188EE-51E7-4D64-9D90-CC8660627B20.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 338
  • C31955F0-D499-429E-B554-49C7AEE5C71C.jpeg
    C31955F0-D499-429E-B554-49C7AEE5C71C.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 336
  • 0C8A94C1-C013-4851-AB5E-A2EECCE8F35A.jpeg
    0C8A94C1-C013-4851-AB5E-A2EECCE8F35A.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 381
  • BC0DF541-8E51-470C-AF7A-F25DF53665B7.jpeg
    BC0DF541-8E51-470C-AF7A-F25DF53665B7.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 354

inkkdprint

Hi guys,

Just got my first printer and cant figure this out!
Having some trouble with Roland Versawork Dual - i have a LEF-200

How can i enable Special Color Plate generation?

I've tried with and without spot colours, no raster images inside the PDF etc.

Or do you guys know of any plugins for illustrator to generate white and gloss plates quickl from a CMYK file?

Thanks

Lea Marc

For critical work we run "superhero" black on our Roland. 30,30,30,100 For some jobs we run Max Impact setting. You can also click the properties tab within the color management window and check Vw calls the matching method. Perceptual is supposed to mimic human vision.
What would be the difference here between Perceptual and Colorimetric?

altereddezignz

Anyone know of a way to print multiple layers of ink on top of each other to get a deep dark dense layer of ink for transparents or reflective. We did this with onyx and the epson printer but when I choose overprint in the settings on versaworks it just tries to lay down the 2-3 overprint I select in one pass with a ton more ink at one time. This doesn’t work lol.

shoresigns

Anyone know of a way to print multiple layers of ink on top of each other to get a deep dark dense layer of ink for transparents or reflective. We did this with onyx and the epson printer but when I choose overprint in the settings on versaworks it just tries to lay down the 2-3 overprint I select in one pass with a ton more ink at one time. This doesn’t work lol.

For backlit vinyl, we use the overprint x2 setting. You just have to turn up the heat and slow down the head speed to allow all the extra ink to dry.

Alternatively, if you go to your Cut Controls in the Job Settings, there's an option to return to origin after printing. If you enable this you could essentially do a double overprint by printing twice. The trick is, I think this option is greyed out unless you have cutting lines in your file.