• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Ink Type differs after changeover

newtothis

Recently I had our VS-540 changed from using Lt Cyan, Lt Magenta, White and Metallic to CMYK CMYK. I was told that the print time would decrease and we were not using the white or metallic anyway. There are still issues with some ink not making it through the new printhead which our tech is still trying to fix but the other I have is just as important to me.

When I open the Versaworks software I am now getting a message saying "The ink type detected differs from the one supported by current settings. Do you want to change the printer settings to the one detected?". If I click OK the other message I get is "Changing the printer will discard parts of the current job settings." but I don't know how that will affect the jobs already ripped in my que.

Has anyone gone through this type of ink swap and run into this issue?

Ragnabrok

The jobs in the queue were ripped to print with 6 colours, now the machine only has 4. The RIP files are no longer compatible, and will have to be ripped again.

newtothis

If all I have to do is re-rip the files and nothing is lost then that is great. My tech was thinking I would have to reset the software and lose everything that is already set up in my que.
I'm wondering if anyone else did this changeover?
Right now the software is saying 'invalid ink type setting'. Without resetting the software is it possible to get it to update to the new colors? Some of the jobs we have in our que and backed up needed special settings and if those all get lost then this was not worth the change over.

Last edited: