• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks Not Reading Cutlines.

kayskydes

I am running on Corel Draw X8 and VersaWorks 4.8.2. Up until recently, I haven't been able to get Versaworks to read the CutContour. I've made sure it's the right contour and that it was hairlined. Is this an issue with Corel or VersaWorks? And should I re-download spot colors for the contours? New to this issue and need to get it fixed ASAP!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What file type are you saving as? Are you getting any errors or warnings about transparencies? One common issue is if you are using a paper profile Versaworks does not see contour cuts. You have to use a profile that is for vinyl for that option to show up. Also, double check that you have it setup as a spot color for sure. Sometimes it gets set back to CMYK values or something like that and will keep it from working.

shoresigns

What file type are you saving as? Are you getting any errors or warnings about transparencies? One common issue is if you are using a paper profile Versaworks does not see contour cuts. You have to use a profile that is for vinyl for that option to show up. Also, double check that you have it setup as a spot color for sure. Sometimes it gets set back to CMYK values or something like that and will keep it from working.

VersaWorks doesn't give errors or warnings about transparencies. If there's a problem with a transparency, you might see it in the preview window, or you might not know until you see the print.

I am running on Corel Draw X8 and VersaWorks 4.8.2. Up until recently, I haven't been able to get Versaworks to read the CutContour. I've made sure it's the right contour and that it was hairlined. Is this an issue with Corel or VersaWorks? And should I re-download spot colors for the contours? New to this issue and need to get it fixed ASAP!

You have to flatten all transparencies when you're doing print & cut in VersaWorks. That's the most common cause for VersaWorks not recognising cut lines.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
VersaWorks doesn't give errors or warnings about transparencies. If there's a problem with a transparency, you might see it in the preview window, or you might not know until you see the print.

I meant in illustrator when he goes to save the file. Most of the time if there are transparencies and sport colors, illustrator will show a pop up and let you know there may be issues.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
don't forget guys the stroke needs to be centered or it won't come up in vw.
cmyk or rgb does not matter.
also make sure there is no transparent or gradient on any layer. also can't have any effect like shadows. or you have to flatten the layers with white background and have cut contour on top