• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VERSAWORKS or MACHINE ..Tec says Software Issue but I can't get through...

MaxiJamaica

I have a Problem , attached you will find Pictures of the Issue, I use the ROLAND SP-540V and VersaWorks 4.4.0, on a regular Test Print from the Machine seems to be everything fine (see Picture TestPrint_16-04-2015) When I send a colored Picture Print everything what should be blue comes out in green (please see your Logo on the TestPrint_16-04-2015_1) and then everything what should be yellow comes out pink (redish) (Please compare Untachable with Print_16-04-2015). My first thought was it is a Software Issue but I was sending a Print from FlexiSign 8.0 from a other Computer and the same effect came out.

I called our technician in Florida and get the answer "If the Roland test print looks good the machine is fine. It is your work flow and file preparation." I really tried everything and need help...urgent!

Thank you for your assistance, looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Test Print Machine Test Print VersaWorks (The Roland Logo is green and the guitar as well, the grey to black gradient is greenish too...)
attachment.php
attachment.php

Print

attachment.php
< original | print >
attachment.php

Attachments

• UNTOUCHABLE-11X17.jpg
    UNTOUCHABLE-11X17.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Print_16-04-2015.jpg
    Print_16-04-2015.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 186
  • TestPrint_16-04-2015_1_web.jpg
    TestPrint_16-04-2015_1_web.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 195
  • TestPrint_16-04-2015_web.jpg
    TestPrint_16-04-2015_web.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 296
It appears that the Yellow and Magenta inks have been reversed in head #2. On the SP machine, there are two heads, and head #1 should be firing KC and #2 MY in that order. Your #2 head is firing YM.

See the attached nozzle test print (from a VP model).

Attachments

• NozzleTest.JPG
    NozzleTest.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 180

MaxiJamaica

I just realize that Magenta and Yellow is switched... but the Ink is in the right place!
attachment.php

Attachments

• cartrides.jpg
    cartrides.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 186

J Hill Designs

odd that the 'tech' didnt notice the colors switched on the test print

edit: the lines are probably switched up at either the dampers or the heads themselves

MaxiJamaica

It appears that the Yellow and Magenta inks have been reversed in head #2. On the SP machine, there are two heads, and head #1 should be firing KC and #2 MY in that order. Your #2 head is firing YM.

And what you think I should do?

And what you think I should do?

The proper answer is to find the place where the colors were swapped, and reverse them. More than likely, reversing the two lines/dampers on head #2, and then running a number of cleanings (or better yet, syringing from below the captop) will eventually clear out the contamination from the head.

player

Be very careful about the dampers... There is a plastic spigot (carburetor) that they sit on to attach to the head. That plastic carburetor is easily damaged. Then you are in trouble.

Get the tech back on his dime. It is ridiculous that he would leave it like that. As a separate issue, I would also check that he put in the head rank numbers properly. They are on the box the head came in, or you can barely see them from the back at some point. The numbers that are inputted can be displayed on the printer.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You need a new tech or, if he is new to the trade, cut him some slack but make him come out and fix it for you. Switching color configurations is a newbie mistake.

Drip Dry

Good Catch on this

BTW I like # 1... Oh sorry, I thought we were voting

player

You need a new tech or, if he is new to the trade, cut him some slack but make him come out and fix it for you. Switching color configurations is a newbie mistake.

Yes and is also going to cost you a bunch of ink, material, cleaner and down time...

Once again, Roland at their finest. What did they charge you to screw that up?

splizaat

Wow seriously good catch...I looked right past that LOL. Sometimes the most obvious fix is the least.

I don't think switching chips in the cartridges/running them backwards will work....first off it's going to put all kinds of different ink colors in the wrong lines. dampers, etc. But isn't there a firing order and timing for each head? I'm pretty sure that's going to make the problem even worse in the end. Have the tech come out and fix that ****...