• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Profiles - Full On Panic

splizaat

Hey Guys!
We have been running VW Dual on our RIP machine (and VW) for years and our main RIP died this morning. We are able to get to our program files folder and see all the .icc files, but when you load the profiles into versa works with media explorer it converts the .rml profile file into a .icc. I can not find any of the original rml files...only the actual .icc in the profile folders....and I can't get them to load.

Is there a way to force load all your old profile .icc files into versa works on a new computer? If not, every single .rvwd and .rvw configured print file we have for the last ten years is useless.

Please help, I plan to run all weekend to catch up this is a nightmare!

c.march

I have no clue if it would work but by chance did you try to rename the .icc file type to the .rml? Again, I'm very new here and to large format printing so I don't know if it would actually work or not. I too use VW dual at my work.

splizaat

I got it!!! Roland did not have an answer, but I worked through it in my own head while I had the support guy on the phone,. He was super helpful, but said this has happened before and they had no solution.

I installed dual on the new system. Copied the entire old versa works dual folder and all it's contents from the old computer's Program Files folder and pasted it right over the new installation's folder. Popped versa works open and all my profiles and even my queue were there. I immediately saved all my profiles in case this goes bad somehow, but so far we're back up and running!